Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Oct 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #196 of 319

Quote:
AD-700s is a no brainer vs the F1 Half the price with 90%+ the performance.  If you can grab some used AD-700s it's even more so.

The coloring is a little odd, but you can easily spray paint them

^ This.

That's why I said if you can find the F1's for $160 or less, get them over the AD700...They are worth the $60 or so extra.....not $200 extra.

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #198 of 319

Quote:
Basically the same can be said about the AD900's and the K701's.

Yea, but I don't have either of those phones, so I couldn't recommend them. What I do know, is the F1's are BEASTLY, more than the AD700 and DT880. I have used all 3 of them, and have tested them all with many hours of gameplay. The way you can locate sound on the F1's is AMAZING. The AD700 does it good too....it's just not as effortless as the F1.

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #200 of 319

Quote:
Sadly i cant find a F1 for $160 or less at the moment...

So I`ll guess i go with the Ad700....

Thanks all your help guys....

You have been great....

You're going to love them....make sure you check back after you use them to let us know what you think.
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #201 of 319
I followed some of the advises on Dt770pro-80 and ordered them on amazon.fr, sometimes when I buy something  I lack  patience to study all options  and choose the logically best option ( i dont have knowledge about this anyways so... )  , I hope I did the right thing i cant wait for them to arrive
wink.gif
. thx for this thread  its been interesting so far

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #203 of 319

Quote:
I followed some of the advises on Dt770pro-80 and ordered them on amazon.fr, sometimes when I buy something  I lack  patience to study all options  and choose the logically best option ( i dont have knowledge about this anyways so... )  , I hope I did the right thing i cant wait for them to arrive
wink.gif
. thx for this thread  its been interesting so far

I used to have the DT770 pro80. I hope you like bass, haha. Are you going to use them for gaming?

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #204 of 319
Yes they are mainly for gamming, usually I play on low volume with open headphones and then fan noises gets in ( i use low noise fans on cpu and tower but graphics card is noisier too and haven't moded it), i don't wanna play till late on speakers on loud and disturb my familiy. so closed ones was a must when considering a upgrade, i was nealry for the sn360game cause of good mic but open air made me wonder i found this forum and started reading and i finally decided on 770s. about bass I'm not really sure i will find out when i try them, I think yes

The games i play are mostly FPS like CoD4 on HC mode so its not forgiving fewer shots gets you dead faster than other FPS so positioning is important, TCE (ET mod CS like),  sometimes MW2 , sometimes UT3, CMcR dirt2, Stcrft2.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #206 of 319
Please do post a review of your brand new DT770-80 ohms once you get your hand on it. I'm interested in purchasing one of those, as an all-arounder (gaming, music, movies), especialy due to the isolation it provides. Please evaluate the bass levels as well, since I don't want to end with a headache after a gaming session.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #207 of 319

Quote:
Please do post a review of your brand new DT770-80 ohms once you get your hand on it. I'm interested in purchasing one of those, as an all-arounder (gaming, music, movies), especialy due to the isolation it provides. Please evaluate the bass levels as well, since I don't want to end with a headache after a gaming session.

I can say that the bass of the 770pro80's was WAYYYY too strong. It drowned out alot of the other important sounds. It was also pretty muffled compared to my other headphones. I actually liked my bose headphones better for gaming. The 770's were better for single player games, and even then, the bass was too strong in some parts. To the point where the drivers would vibrate.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #208 of 319
Oh, that sucks.. I didn't want headphones with such strong bass... but still I'm looking for some isolation.. I guess trying it before buying is a must for me.. btw, in my case, I''ll be using them mostly for single player games, not for competitive purposes, aiming for "immersion"

Quote:
I can say that the bass of the 770pro80's was WAYYYY too strong. It drowned out alot of the other important sounds. It was also pretty muffled compared to my other headphones. I actually liked my bose headphones better for gaming. The 770's were better for single player games, and even then, the bass was too strong in some parts. To the point where the drivers would vibrate.

Oct 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #210 of 319

Quote:
Oh, that sucks.. I didn't want headphones with such strong bass... but still I'm looking for some isolation.. I guess trying it before buying is a must for me.. btw, in my case, I''ll be using them mostly for single player games, not for competitive purposes, aiming for "immersion"

The only thing good about the 770 in my experience was the isolation, haha. Other than that....too much mud and bass....really took away from the immersion when all I heard was BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back