Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Sep 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #136 of 319
For reference, here is the review kool bubba ice was talking about:

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/bigreview.htm

Quote:
Found a website where a reviewer said the HD600/325/HD570/HD590 sounded better then the F1's but added..

In fact, for movie watching or listening to binaural recordings, I would probably rate these as the best of the batch. And for those of you who don’t like the inside of the head effect headphones can be sometimes accused of, the Sony’s would also likely be you first choice.

Replace movie watching for FPSers.. The listed price was 225.00..

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #138 of 319
My current gaming faves are the two I currently own (I'm a hardcore gamer, and finally settled on the K701 for non-chat FPS games with my Mixamp). They beat out pretty much everything I have tried, including the AD700. The Creative Aurvana Live is my current fave overall due to price and overall performance. I slapped on a mic to them and use them when I chat with friends, but the wire management is driving me crazy, so I decided on getting an actual headset for those few rare cases that I actually chat. I ordered the Turtle Beach Z2, and I'm hoping they will treat me nice. MLGSteggy likes them, which is more than enough proof for me to get them. I recently bought the Turtle Beach PX21 which had very great crispness for the price, but the inline amp just had some really terrible hiss that I couldn't just get past. I figured the Z2 was similar in performance but without the inline amp to add hiss. They also have huge 50mm drivers as opposed to the 40mm drivers of the PX21.

I know how notorious Head-fi is on hating headsets, but I'm not that anal, and I don't need amazing performance when I chat online while gaming. I usually do that when I'm not paying too much attention to SQ, and just joke around. When I play seriously and actually pay attention to the sounds, I tend to focus entirely on the game, and DON'T chat. That's when I whip out the K701. They have yet to fail on impressing me in gaming with my Mixamp. I would have gone with the F1, but I didn't hear about them until AFTER I received my K701. It'd be a lateral move to get them now.

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #139 of 319
I use the MDR-F1's. I have the AD700's and used to have the DT880's (32 ohm). I'll say that the F1's sound the worst for music...even the 700's sound better....but with FPS's....they don't TOUCH the F1's. With the F1's, you don't have to think about where a sound is coming from...you actually feel it. To me...for FPS's, it goes like this between the 3......F1 / AD700 / DT880. The DT880 sound the best, but I got disoriented a lot with them.

If you want the biggest advantage in games like MW2, the F1's are the best unless you buy the STAX. IMHO.

Sometimes, some headfiers sell the F1's for a good price...I got mine from here for $160 in pristine condition. If anyone has any questions about the F1's, I'll be glad to help you out. (even though I'm not an audiophile, just a gamer lol)

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #143 of 319
Those three are the only headphones I have used. Plus the Bose over ear ones, but they are only used for when the boss is sleeping, lol. Kool bubba ice's review and recommendation is why I bought them. If the F1's didn't satisfy me 100%, I'd still be trying headphones........to top the F1's, I would have to spend alot of cash.

EDIT: I also had the DT770 pro 80's, but the bass was too much.

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #149 of 319
Describing a soundstage isn't one of my strong points when talking about headphones. I just go by what I hear, and the F1's are at the top for letting me know what is around me. KBI has said that it has one of the best soundstages until you spend into the thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back