Best EQ setting on the ipod
Jul 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #61 of 86
I personally don't EQ because I'm using an iPod, and as mentioned, attempting success with that is like a bad physician jabbing a needle over and over in your arm until you find the vein.

So I use the 'off' option.

EDIT: Okay, thinking about it, I do use the classical EQ when I'm listening to my classical music, because I find it works very well. Haydn especially seems to sound just the way it was intended to.

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #62 of 86
I found the bass very distorted on my classic when I turn on the EQ, so I leave it off.
Anyone else has this probem, when EQ turned on the bass is distorted????

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #64 of 86
There should be more EQ options coming soon, for at least some of the apple hardware.

I think the lack of a decent EQ on a music player is a serious oversight. 

You can play with the EQ settings in itunes to see what the settings are... most are settings I would never use.. one or two bands altered and the rest left flat. 

Treble/bass reducer/booster... they are the only ones I would use, and only if I had to.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #65 of 86
no eq setting / off is the best eq setting for ipod

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #68 of 86
No, what he's saying is different IEMs work great with different EQ settings.  For example, my Klipsch S4 works well with the Acoustic EQ while my SE530 works well with the electronic EQ.  No distortion whatsoever.

Quote:
Really? you mean the cheaper earphones won't distort and the better one will??
With my IE8 running straight to my ipod classic, when I turn on the EQ, songs with heavy bass distort a LOT.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #70 of 86

Quote:
So what do you guys suggest for the IE8?

Treble booster.  It is thick enough everywhere else and just needs a little treble sparkle IMHO.

Lazard is correct.  I've actually used hip hop settting with Etys with no distortion but if I did that with W3s it would be major distortion.

Jul 31, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #71 of 86

Quote:
Treble booster.  It is thick enough everywhere else and just needs a little treble sparkle IMHO.

Lazard is correct.  I've actually used hip hop settting with Etys with no distortion but if I did that with W3s it would be major distortion.

Thanks guys! I would have never found it out.

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #75 of 86

Quote:
Really? you mean the cheaper earphones won't distort and the better one will??
With my IE8 running straight to my ipod classic, when I turn on the EQ, songs with heavy bass distort a LOT.

My turbine coppers basically do the same thing your IE8s do in that situation. Not every heavy based song, but certainly a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back