Best cans for ~$100?
Feb 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #22 of 34

Quote:
I own the M50s...see my photo....for the price...$129 beats own the ATH-M50s.  

Quote:
m50 is the best headphone in 150 dollar range. it has amazing detail. you won't beat a beat in song.i highly recommemded those headphone as a all around headphone.

you mean $129 refurbed beats

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #23 of 34
I'll bite. I think it's a tricky price point. You are above the $70 to $80 to get a very decent headphones in the Grado, MDR-V6 or a Senn, but under the next step up like the M50 or some of the $200 plus ones. I spent alot of time (perhaps a month) reading up here and on Amazon, as well as other sites. It's a hard decision to make when you're about to put your toe in the water. The truth is that everything you mentioned is probably a fine starting place. Again you want to know how and with what you'll be using them. I didn't even think about an amp until I got my headphones. And once I got my second headphones, I was already wishing I knew what I learned from buying my first two sets and had put that all into a different more expensive headphone. If you're the kind of person that is gonna be happy with your setup if it meets your basic expectations, than you should really try to listen to or research each item on the list. If you think you might upgrade in the future, I might consider skiping the earlier steps or just getting any of them because they are all decent. Only you know your budjet and expectations.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #25 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
I own the M50s...see my photo....for the price...$129 beats own the ATH-M50s.  

Quote:
m50 is the best headphone in 150 dollar range. it has amazing detail. you won't beat a beat in song.i highly recommemded those headphone as a all around headphone.

you mean $129 refurbed beats

Yes... I sold my beats based on all the rave reviews on this forum.. and purchased the ATH-M50s.... well... they SUCK compared to the beats....YES purchase the beats refurbs.... if you don't like them, sell them on ebay for $175.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #26 of 34
No, they don't suck compared to the Beats, your ear is just trained to hear a completely unbalanced sound. It's like eating processed foods vs raw, as someone in another thread put it. Sure processed tastes better than raw at first, then you realize that it never tasted good at all since it was "fake" in a sense.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #27 of 34
If the Dr. Dre Beats Studios had "Sennheiser" written on the sides you fools would be going NUTS! Saying they are the best thing since sliced bread!  

Quote:
No, they don't suck compared to the Beats, your ear is just trained to hear a completely unbalanced sound. It's like eating processed foods vs raw, as someone in another thread put it. Sure processed tastes better than raw at first, then you realize that it never tasted good at all since it was "fake" in a sense.

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #28 of 34
If Senn released them, they wouldn't be loaded with bloated bass and incredibly recessed mids, not to mention artificial sounding highs. Regardless you're going to keep spamming this thread despite anything said to you to justify your lifestyle headphone purchase, so with that I bid you a farewell and have fun enjoying "taco bell" quality headphones.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #29 of 34
Feb 9, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #30 of 34

Quote:
If the Dr. Dre Beats Studios had "Sennheiser" written on the sides you fools would be going NUTS! Saying they are the best thing since sliced bread!  

Quote:

I think I would burn sennheiser to the ground if they released something that sounded that bad, I was put off by the beats sound when I had the XB700's and all I knew was sony, denon, and beyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back