Best can for up to $300 ?
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #122 of 148
http://www.head-fi.org/t/613576/mad-dog-by-mrspeakers-modified-fostex-t50rp-review/0_30

Not sure if that's the official appreciation thread or whatever, I think it's the longer/most active one tho and Dan's been posting updates in it.

There's a search function on these boards btw, that thread should come up if you just search for Mad Dogs.

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #125 of 148
Woah...don't check this thread for 3 days and it's now so long :-\. Don't have time to read through all of this now, so I apologize if this was discussed earlier.

I picked up a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A900x a few days ago for $165 from BuyDig (same company as Beach Camera, which is an authorized dealer, so full warranty). You can actually get them for $150 now with the $20 V.me promotion. I'm trying to cancel my order and reorder it actually - it's currently on backorder because of how popular the deal got from slickdeals...

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #126 of 148
Quote:
Woah...don't check this thread for 3 days and it's now so long :-\. Don't have time to read through all of this now, so I apologize if this was discussed earlier.

I picked up a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A900x a few days ago for $165 from BuyDig (same company as Beach Camera, which is an authorized dealer, so full warranty). You can actually get them for $150 now with the $20 V.me promotion. I'm trying to cancel my order and reorder it actually - it's currently on backorder because of how popular the deal got from slickdeals...

Yeah I have been posting a lot because I wanted to purchase a set relatively quick. I ended up going with the Mad Dogs. I think the main suggestions were the Sony Mdr-1rs, Yamaha 300s, Beyerdynamic DT770s, AKG 550s, Seinheiser Momentums and the Mad Dogs. There was probably a few more but thats what I remmember.

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #127 of 148
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this and I know we're already 136 posts (now 137) into this thread, but there's a thread created already for when you need to ask about recommendations for full-sized headphones and it gets a lot of visibility from this community. I added to this post kinda sorta getting out of hand by not pointing this out sooner and I apologize.

rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #128 of 148
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a jerk about this and I know we're already 136 posts (now 137) into this thread, but there's a thread created already for when you need to ask about recommendations for full-sized headphones and it gets a lot of visibility from this community. I added to this post kinda sorta getting out of hand by not pointing this out sooner and I apologize.

rolleyes.gif

Haha my bad I had no idea about the other threads, im sure I probably got a lot more suggestions and information by creating a seperate thread. Next time I will post in the other thread.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #129 of 148
Quote:
Haha my bad I had no idea about the other threads, im sure I probably got a lot more suggestions and information by creating a seperate thread. Next time I will post in the other thread.

its probably better for you to make this thread, that thread is huge, this thread you can ask suggestions that tailor to your own needs... 

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #131 of 148
Still planned. Saturday here in NZ (also my birthday) - so chances are I'll settle down and write it tomorrow

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #132 of 148
Quote:
Precisely why I made it :) Now that iv got everything ordered im just waiting on Brooko's walkthrough on how to convert and upload Wave files to your ipod. Really pumped for that.

you sure you dont want apple lossless instead of wav? its up to you but i dont see any point of using wav myself, just saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back