CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 2, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #13,441 of 31,833
EDIT : Quite interesting, when I was listening to the AUDIMI YO2 it reminded me of the KZZS5 and I wasn't that far of. The YO2 is ever so slightly bigger soundstage wise in all directions and a tiny bit thicker in body and note. They both reach similar levels of treble extension with the KZ ZS5 just a tad brighter and cleaner. Bass is also similar with the AUDIMI having better weight and faster decay, making the ZS5 sound a lot softer in comparison. Sibilance occasionally comes out o the YO2 but it's nothing that makes them fatiguing or annoying. Details wise I'd actually just give it to the AUDIMI. All in all the YO2 is good value at £13.

I have just ordered a pair of TRN V20 and I will be very pleased if they do indeed sound like this, (my ZS5's are my fave IEM and have been for the past year) ... as mbwilson pointed out they look almost exactly the same.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #13,442 of 31,833
Hello,

I just received a GGMM C800 and I am astonished.

How is it possible that a 8€ IEM (on sale) sound this good? A single dynamic driver with incredible clarity and balance from sub-bass to high treble. Great bass quality, no boomy at all, somewhat refined treble and good mids, not recessed.
I listened to some music including Rock and Trance and got just enjoyed it, with pleasure.

I bought this on Aliexpress and I'm suprised the C800 isn't mentioned anywhere.

@mbwilson111 @HungryPanda
You seem to love the C700. Do you ever tried the C800? I have both and prefer the C800 which is more balanced and has greater clarity as well as more tight bass.

It's a gem and I prefer this to the overhyped TRN V80.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GGMM-C800-Earphone-for-Phone-HiFi-Earphone-fone-de-ouvido-Headset-Earbuds-Earpiece-Handfree-ear-phones/32833918625.html

I think the C800 has been mentioned a couple of times but talk moves so fast in here. I did get the C800 after I got the C700. I like both but have not directly compared them. I hate doing that. I would rather just like all my iems :) These are the GGMM that I have... all bought on Amazon UK during lightning deals. The best deals were the Alauda for £5 and the C800 for £6. The C700 was $12. The cuckoo and Nightingale were a bit more...I bought them because I liked the names...lol. Plus they had good reviews.

from my list:
GGMM C700 - silver
GGMM C800 -black/red
GGMM EJ-101 Nightingale - gunmetal grey with red cable
GGMM EJ-302 Cuckoo - wine red
GGmm EJ-402 Alauda - orange

I do not have a TRN V80. I am happy with my V20.

I do not think Panda has any GGMM iems.

You are right.. the GGMM is a true hidden gem.. I see it is only $10 on Ali right now.

It is amazing how good a single dynamic driver can be. I have some with tiny microdrivers in them that also sound really good.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #13,443 of 31,833
I think the C800 has been mentioned a couple of times but talk moves so fast in here. I did get the C800 after I got the C700. I like both but have not directly compared them. I hate doing that. I would rather just like all my iems :) These are the GGMM that I have... all bought on Amazon UK during lightning deals. The best deals were the Alauda for £5 and the C800 for £6. The C700 was $12. The cuckoo and Nightingale were a bit more...I bought them because I liked the names...lol. Plus they had good reviews.

from my list:
GGMM C700 - silver
GGMM C800 -black/red
GGMM EJ-101 Nightingale - gunmetal grey with red cable
GGMM EJ-302 Cuckoo - wine red
GGmm EJ-402 Alauda - orange

I do not have a TRN V80. I am happy with my V20.

I do not think Panda has any GGMM iems.

You are right.. the GGMM is a true hidden gem.. I see it is only $10 on Ali right now.

It is amazing how good a single dynamic driver can be. I have some with tiny microdrivers in them that also sound really good.

Wow, you have a great GGMM's collection :)
Thanks for the Reply.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #13,445 of 31,833

tbf, a single dynamic driver can sound amazing, its that they're doing it cheaply (instead of being near Dita or Campfire Audio price level)

speaking of single DD, still waiting for the QM05, bad luck that a seller canceled my order and had to re-order from another right in the middle of China's national day week-long holiday.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #13,446 of 31,833
speaking of single DD, still waiting for the QM05, bad luck that a seller canceled my order and had to re-order from another right in the middle of China's national day week-long holiday.

That reminded me... I just checked the tracking on the one I bought on ebay and have found out that it arrived in my country yesterday.

Ordered Sept 21.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #13,447 of 31,833
That reminded me... I just checked the tracking on the one I bought on ebay and have found out that it arrived in my country yesterday.

Ordered Sept 21.

sweet! can't wait for impressions. I needed a beater IEM for when I'm out and about (the C630 feels worn out, lol), but since I'm still saving for the upcoming 11.11, 10 bux seems hard to pass by.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #13,448 of 31,833
Hello,

I just received a GGMM C800 and I am astonished.

How is it possible that a 8€ IEM (on sale) sound this good? A single dynamic driver with incredible clarity and balance from sub-bass to high treble. Great bass quality, no boomy at all, somewhat refined treble and good mids, not recessed.
I listened to some music including Rock and Trance and got just enjoyed it, with pleasure.

I bought this on Aliexpress and I'm suprised the C800 isn't mentioned anywhere.

@mbwilson111 @HungryPanda @GrassFed
You seem to love the C700. Do you ever tried the C800? I have both and prefer the C800 which is more balanced and has greater clarity as well as more tight bass.

It's a gem and I prefer this to the overhyped TRN V80.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GGM...101d09b&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0
Now I have to try the C800. Totally trust the ears of people who like the C700 :D

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #13,449 of 31,833
Hey, for anyone interested, the official Tennmak store on Amazon has some great deals right now. A few of their IEMs have a 50% off coupon!!

For example, the Trio is $25 after coupon. So is the Crazy Cello (which is an awesome IEM). Not sure if there’s other models included in the 50% off sale, as all I was interested in was the Crazy Cellos.

The prices on the Trio and Crazy Cello are legit good deals though. On Aliexpress (and Amazon) they are normally $50-$60. So $25 on Amazon is a heck of a deal, especially because there’s no 4-6 week shipping wait from China.

No clue how many they have left, but if you have been on the fence about any Tennmak stuff, or waiting for a good deal, this would be it.

Also, another member shared an Amazon deal on the TRN v10 for $9.99. I know the reviews were mixed on the v10, but $10 is a great price if not strictly for the cable (which sells by itself for $5-$6ish). Buy them for the cable, or for donor shells, or correct the sibilant stock tuning by doing a foam mod to the BAs. Either way, $10 is a good deal.

To anyone who got the Crazy Cellos during the Amazon 50% off deal:

OOTB the are boom boom boom with boosted low end. If you want to make them sound much better (low end much more balanced with the rest of the bands) follow these simple steps:

1. Remove the stainless nozzle screens using a sharp pointy object such as a sewing needle or diabetic lancet. The nozzle screens are glued on, so they cannot be reused.
2. On the side of the nozzle, you will see a vent. Poke something through this vent hole. It has to be very small, as the hole is 0.5mm. I used a 0.5mm drill bit. Anyways, when you stick something through the vent hole, you will pop off a small round white filter (similar to micropore tape). You may have to use tweezers to pull the little round filter out of the nozzle.
3. Once the white filter is removed, install NEW stainless nozzle screens (4.2mm or 4.3mm). You can find them on Aliexpress for $0.05-$0.10).

With this simple mod, these are really good dynamic driver IEMs. I would rate them on par with the TinAudio T2, except with a touch more sub bass extension (something that the T2 is missing).

The CC is also way more comfortable than the T2. And I love the included wide bore tips, and wish I could buy a bag full of them!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #13,450 of 31,833
tbf, a single dynamic driver can sound amazing, its that they're doing it cheaply (instead of being near Dita or Campfire Audio price level)

My QM05 arrived today alongwith TRN V80. I have been listening to these and UIISII CM5 alternatingly for the last 6 hours. Here are my initial impressions-

QCY QM05- Warmer sound signature. When compared with CM5 and V80, QM05 are profoundly thumpy and bass-heavy. Mids and highs sound good without any harshness or sibilance. Quite enjoyable and good value for the money. I paid CAD $15 for these.

UIISII CM5- Pretty balanced. Neat bass, lush mids and detailed treble. CM5 has more microdetail than QM05 but less than V80. No sibilance. The sound signature is more similar to V80 than QM05. I actually prefer CM5 to V80 or QM05 when using my phone as a source. Comes with a nice carry case and the packaging is more attractive. Very comfortable fit and the build quality is better than QM05. I paid CAD $29 for these.

TRN V80 (attached to BT3 bluetooth cable)- Balanced IEMs, Bass is similar to CM5 i.e. deep, punchy and controlled but with slightly better details. Vocals sound slightly forward with better microdetail than CM5 or QM05. Instrument separation is very impressive. V80 connected to BT3 is sibilant at some high frequencies and produce a LOT of white noise. Its is especially noticeable during phone calls. I havnt tried these with the supplied cable yet. Build quality is very good. These IEMs are heavier than CM5 or QM05. I paid CAD $ 35 for these.
On a side note, the BT3 cable is really nice. Call receipients hear me loud and clear as it effectively elminates even the loud machinary noise in my background thanks to CV6 technology. Battery life is decent and the range is approx 20 metres/ 60 feet.

FYI, I prefer mid centric/ balanced IEMs as I like listening to vocals and instrumental music. Like an HD598 with a bit stronger bass if you have listened to those.
Gear- I used my Blackberry Keyone and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as source. Not being an earbud tip cognoscenti, I used the stock tips ootb.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #13,451 of 31,833
My QM05 arrived today alongwith TRN V80. I have been listening to these and UIISII CM5 alternatingly for the last 6 hours. Here are my initial impressions-

QCY QM05- Warmer sound signature. When compared with CM5 and V80, QM05 are profoundly thumpy and bass-heavy. Mids and highs sound good without any harshness or sibilance. Quite enjoyable and good value for the money. I paid CAD $15 for these.

UIISII CM5- Pretty balanced. Neat bass, lush mids and detailed treble. CM5 has more microdetail than QM05 but less than V80. No sibilance. The sound signature is more similar to V80 than QM05. I actually prefer CM5 to V80 or QM05 when using my phone as a source. Comes with a nice carry case and the packaging is more attractive. Very comfortable fit and the build quality is better than QM05. I paid CAD $29 for these.

FYI, I prefer mid centric/ balanced IEMs as I like listening to vocals and instrumental music. Like an HD598 with a bit stronger bass if you have listened to those.
Gear- I used my Blackberry Keyone and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as source. Not being an earbud tip cognoscenti, I used the stock tips ootb.

QM05 seems like the usual chinese value-deal IEM then, as expected. At least its not terrible.

Though I did saw the CM5 for 15 bux, I didn't really want an over-ear style for my outdoor beater (a bit fiddly).

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #13,452 of 31,833
Now I have to try the C800. Totally trust the ears of people who like the C700 :D

I'm sure you'll like it :smile_phones: and it's on sale right now. The design is somewhat different but I have the red one and it looks good. I bought the black one for backup. Just couldn't resist the sale...
BTW I use medium Starlines tips which provide a great seal and confort.

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #13,453 of 31,833
I'm sure you'll like it :smile_phones: and it's on sale right now. The design is somewhat different but I have the red one and it looks good. I bought the black one for backup. Just couldn't resist the sale...
BTW I use medium Starlines tips which provide a great seal and confort.

I like the design. On Amazon UK my GGMM is listed as being red/black

I just looked at my order details. The lightning deals repeat. This is from my invoice: The lightning deals can be crazy good sometimes. You can find out the night before when they are starting and put a watch on them. You will not know the price until it starts. The deal just lasts for a few hours after it starts. The price on aliexpress is very good right now. Normally I prefer to have no mic but I don't think there is a choice on this one.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
£13.99
Postage & Packing:
£0.00

Total:
£13.99
Promotion Applied:
-£8.00

Grand Total:
£5.99

714R%2BQNQlVL._SL1500_.jpg

One of the listings on Ali has it for only $9.88

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GGM...Earpiece-Handfree-ear-phones/32833918625.html

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #13,455 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back