best bass headphone under 300$
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #91 of 109
The ATH 700 MKII's have great bass. They employ a 53mm driver which is much larger than most phones have (45mm is typical). The soundstage on Audio Technicas is pretty narrow though. If you want a more expansive sound field, I will second the nomination for one of the Ultrasone models. They have loads of good QUALITY Bass. Not the boomy Bass you'd get from any of the Beats or similarly marketed "Rap" headphones, and the highs are detailed, soaring, and clean. Best bang for the buck out there right now if you want an Audiophile quality can. 
You want to say I should buy mk2??

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #92 of 109
Audio Technica CKS77 puts out more bass than any headphone I've heard without sounding mediocre.
Better sound than the XB500/700.

Going up in price the Custom One Pro is pretty great with very good bass impact.
Going up even more the M-100 might be something to look at.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #94 of 109
I have the vmoda m100 and they have good and deep bass but not as much impact as some cans. I would recomend the ultimate ears ue 6000. It sounds alot like the m100 except it has more bass presence..... like alot more. It's sub and mid bass is super loud! the vmoda's have better mids and a way better soundstage.

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #96 of 109
Quote:
I have a feeling that the OP trolled us -.-

WHAT?! GOD DAMN IT! "slams his headphones on the table, walks away in a rage quit esque style"

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #97 of 109
When I had the UE6000 I didn't think they where that bassy.
With the NC off they actually sounded quite restrained in the bass department. With the NC on they where definitively bassier but they still didn't have that sense of power and slam in the bass.
I did return them to the Apple Store actually.
If you can get a hold of a ES10 it would be a better buy if you are looking for bass impact.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #98 of 109
Pro 900 can be bought under 300 USD now I believe (street price)

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #99 of 109
Heya,

If this is for real, then here's a suggestion at your price range:

Mr Speaker Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads, but you have to masterfully equalize them for massive bass response. The E9 will power them sufficiently for this. Your goal would be to drop all frequency output from 100hz and up by -20db in the equalizer, but leave the rest of the bass frequencies down to the lowest possible at zero, or near zero. Do not raise above the zero line. Instant super bass headphones, and orthos handle is better than most dynamics I find.

Very best,

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #101 of 109
Quote:
Heya,

If this is for real, then here's a suggestion at your price range:

Mr Speaker Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads, but you have to masterfully equalize them for massive bass response. The E9 will power them sufficiently for this. Your goal would be to drop all frequency output from 100hz and up by -20db in the equalizer, but leave the rest of the bass frequencies down to the lowest possible at zero, or near zero. Do not raise above the zero line. Instant super bass headphones, and orthos handle is better than most dynamics I find.

Very best,

I dare to say the Pro 900 doesnt even require that :)
The street price is below 300 USD so that would work too.
Mad Dogs are great too for sure. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #102 of 109
The v-moda m100 get good reviews too for bass.  I personally enjoy my denon d600s more but I don't think I'm in the majority on that (my personal preference).

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #103 of 109
I dare to say the Pro 900 doesnt even require that :)
The street price is below 300 USD so that would work too.
Mad Dogs are great too for sure. 

Have the Pro900, had the Mad Dogs, and though I respect Mals opinion greatly, no contest. I sent the Mad Dogs back for the exact reason that they disappointed big time in bass response. Pro900, no such issue. I'd throw the Denon D600 in the mix as well and the original D2000, available used for $300 or less pretty regularly. Great Bassy phones hat are more than a one trick pony.

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #104 of 109
Seconded for D2000. Simply amazing for watching movies. Great bass response. I prefer them over my HE-500, LCD-2 and LCD-3 for gaming and movies. Great soundstage, comfort and bass response for those purposes. The voices actually come off quite good for movies, even though it has recessed mids. It actually seems quite natural for movies and tv shows.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #105 of 109
XB 1000 will be better than beats and XB700 cause the bass get more quality than the other and the quantity is slight less than the other two,
Try all of them first if you can and you will find which one will be better for you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back