best bass headphone under 300$
Aug 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Boomy isn't a good thing. The bass will be better textured and more impactful with the ZO, but not boomy. And it without it, it'll have less bass. But really, that's not that much of a problem because bass is something that you can add easily if all you really care about is sheer impact and not quality.

We have tried to tell the OP this numerous times, but to no avail. The OP's only concern is bass quantity, yet still won't listen to our plentiful suggestions. 

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #77 of 109
This is immensely entertaining.
deadhorse.gif

As a previous XB500 owner, I highly recommend those cans for BOOM BOOM BOOM. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like with the ZO.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #78 of 109
Quote:

Boomy isn't a good thing. The bass will be better textured and more impactful with the ZO, but not boomy. And it without it, it'll have less bass. But really, that's not that much of a problem because bass is something that you can add easily if all you really care about is sheer impact and not quality.

This

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #79 of 109
Quote:

Rest assured, he is not looking for textured bass, as can be noticed by his preferences for car audio. Kenwood, swiss audio, polk etc.. These are by no means high end, I'm afraid. They only have one purpose..loudness !! Though, that is NOT quality..

Regards !

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #80 of 109
For rap and hip hop purely, you're not getting anything better then the Denon's. Denon AHD-2000 or 5000, you can still order it from amazon or maybe find a used one here at head-fi in the sale trade forums. Both D2000 and D5000 work well out of a laptop. My D2000 works nicely with E10, Sansa Fuze and even headphone jack of macbook pro. The voicing of D2000 is just perfect for rap and the subwoofer type bass goes hand in hand for rap. None of the Ultrasones can touch the Denon's for rap and hip hop, the bass is just perfect along with the voicing. Although for faster paced genres like dubstep, electro, trance etc, Ultrasone would do better with their speed. The D2000 are technically discontinued but on Amazon.com you can still pick them up, new or used.

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #83 of 109
Quote:
For rap and hip hop purely, you're not getting anything better then the Denon's. Denon AHD-2000 or 5000, you can still order it from amazon or maybe find a used one here at head-fi in the sale trade forums. Both D2000 and D5000 work well out of a laptop. My D2000 works nicely with E10, Sansa Fuze and even headphone jack of macbook pro. The voicing of D2000 is just perfect for rap and the subwoofer type bass goes hand in hand for rap. None of the Ultrasones can touch the Denon's for rap and hip hop, the bass is just perfect along with the voicing. Although for faster paced genres like dubstep, electro, trance etc, Ultrasone would do better with their speed. The D2000 are technically discontinued but on Amazon.com you can still pick them up, new or used.

where are you before 3 days
frown.gif

frown.gif

i'm bought already  the XB700 and after 6 days i will get this headphone

but if xb700 not enough for me so i will get the D2000 .. ITS AWESOME
atsmile.gif

BIIIGGGGG THAAANXXXX FOORRR Zoom25
L3000.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #84 of 109
XB500 has the boomiest bass, I've tried XB700 too but XB500 is quite a bit bassier due to much more midbass thump but similar subbass output. Pair it with a digizoid ZO amp and you're probably gonna get the bassiest sound possible from a headphone setup.

Once I tested XB500 + ZO at the max bass boost level with Three 6 Mafia - Late Nite Tip (the infamous song with constant 27Hz peaked bass response or whatever played throughout the track and I felt a bit nausea when the bass went from the typical low humming and then it goes for a few secs to 100Hz so had to take the headphones off... lol With this combo you'll feel the bass tickling your ears when there's so much pressure trying to escape between your skin and the pads.

Aug 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #85 of 109

SEE MY FRIEND.: Quote to you what I said to ERIC FOR SENNHEISER USA
"i know what you mean and i know the best headphone is not with most bass .. why ?? because in a song there is Tune and voice and sound and bass so the good headphone or earbuds will give you all this as Clearly Balance and clarity of sound.. if you get bass More than the limit so the other things will come down.. There must be a balance or equilibrium specially if you hear all music"

i'm  not a crazy man who they want only bass ((BOM BOM BOM)) ALL TIME ((BOM BOM BOM)) no i know how i can get the best sound

i have for all music and nice sound ((BOSE QC15))

BUT i write this thread because i want ((BEST BASS BOMY BASS HEADPHONE)) ONLY !

and this headphone only for rap & hip hop and only use for my laptop in my room (( like i say before ))

for outside and for other music i have BOSE Q15 .. so don't teach me about good bass and sound or QUALITY

i only asking for something for any one can HELP me for (( what i need )) ,, and like i say before i get the xb700 and thanx for all people who help to buy sony xb700

THIS REPLAY FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO IS TALK TOO MUCH.

Aug 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #86 of 109
Quote:

where are you before 3 days
frown.gif

frown.gif

i'm bought already  the XB700 and after 6 days i will get this headphone

but if xb700 not enough for me so i will get the D2000 .. ITS AWESOME
atsmile.gif

BIIIGGGGG THAAANXXXX FOORRR Zoom25
L3000.gif

lol glad to help. Just contact the company to cancel the order if it hasn't shipped yet. I've heard heard all the Sony Xb's. The bass is definitely boomy, but sounds really muddy with terrible mids and lacks clarity. For rap specifically, I really can't think of upgrading to anything after D2000, maybe D5000/D7000. While the XB700 can rumble in the sub-bass, so can the D2000, and a lot better. Besides LCD-2 ($995), anywhere in your price range, nothing beats D2000 and D5000 for sub-bass, it rumbles like nothing you've heard without getting muddy. People sometimes say that the D2000 has recessed mids and I would agree with that, but for rap and hip hop, it actually gives them an advantage. The way rap and hip hop is recorded and mastered is actually very well suited for them.  

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #87 of 109
Quote:

SEE MY FRIEND.: Quote to you what I said to ERIC FOR SENNHEISER USA
"i know what you mean and i know the best headphone is not with most bass .. why ?? because in a song there is Tune and voice and sound and bass so the good headphone or earbuds will give you all this as Clearly Balance and clarity of sound.. if you get bass More than the limit so the other things will come down.. There must be a balance or equilibrium specially if you hear all music"

i'm  not a crazy man who they want only bass ((BOM BOM BOM)) ALL TIME ((BOM BOM BOM)) no i know how i can get the best sound

i have for all music and nice sound ((BOSE QC15))

BUT i write this thread because i want ((BEST BASS BOMY BASS HEADPHONE)) ONLY !

and this headphone only for rap & hip hop and only use for my laptop in my room (( like i say before ))

for outside and for other music i have BOSE Q15 .. so don't teach me about good bass and sound or QUALITY

i only asking for something for any one can HELP me for (( what i need )) ,, and like i say before i get the xb700 and thanx for all people who help to buy sony xb700

THIS REPLAY FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO IS TALK TOO MUCH.

Why did you talk to a Senn rep? They don't make good bassy headphones.

And disregarding the fact that that was a pretty rude comment, the QC15 is already kind of bassy in the first place. You really only need a ZO2 to have about the same amount of bass as the XB700. If you waited a little bit before buying, the DT770 or D2000 would have been superior to your QC15.

And you're going to hear a lot of disparity over the D2000. I definitely don't think they're the best headphones for rap, but I didn't like them very much period. For that type of music, I'd rather have a higher end Ultrasone like a PRO900.

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #89 of 109
Quote:
Should I buy ath m50s or beats solo hd or ath Pro700mkII or Sony xb700??
I am bass lover but sound should be crisp too

ATH-M50 - it's recommended here a lot, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. Although a good starter phone
Beats Solo HD - ..........really?
Pro 700 mkII - don't have experience with this, perhaps someone else can chime in here
Sony XB 700 - has lot of subbass, but that's all it really has

You should look into Ultrason HFI-580 and HFI-780, the 580 is more of a basshead phone than 780, which is more neutral. Nonetheless at their price range, they  both have great bass with fast drivers. Quite crisp. Look at amazon.com for good prices. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #90 of 109
Quote:

ATH-M50 - it's recommended here a lot, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. Although a good starter phone
Beats Solo HD - ..........really?
Pro 700 mkII - don't have experience with this, perhaps someone else can chime in here
Sony XB 700 - has lot of subbass, but that's all it really has

You should look into Ultrason HFI-580 and HFI-780, the 580 is more of a basshead phone than 780, which is more neutral. Nonetheless at their price range, they  both have great bass with fast drivers. Quite crisp. Look at amazon.com for good prices. 

The ATH 700 MKII's have great bass. They employ a 53mm driver which is much larger than most phones have (45mm is typical). The soundstage on Audio Technicas is pretty narrow though. If you want a more expansive sound field, I will second the nomination for one of the Ultrasone models. They have loads of good QUALITY Bass. Not the boomy Bass you'd get from any of the Beats or similarly marketed "Rap" headphones, and the highs are detailed, soaring, and clean. Best bang for the buck out there right now if you want an Audiophile quality can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back