Best 200-300$ pair of headphones (over ear)
Sep 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Titansrcool

New Head-Fier
I started out wanting souls by ludacris but I realized how much better quality I could get with some other headphones. Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with the denon ah d2000

P.s. I am very new to the quality sound world and I listen to hip hop music

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I started out wanting souls by ludacris but I realized how much better quality I could get with some other headphones. Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with the denon ah d2000

P.s. I am very new to the quality sound world and I listen to hip hop music

Heya,

D2000's are awesome. You could, however, save a bit and go D1100. The D2000 is a very nice headphone, sheathed cabling, has incredible extension and good subbass volume without being overly bassy in the mid bass, it's such an excellent flat bass response. Works great for all genres. You definitely do not need a headphone marketed towards hip hop to enjoy that sort of music. But also, that said, if you really like the look of Souls, then by all means, get what you want. I've not heard them so I cannot say they're not good or anything, who knows. The D2000's do not isolate much even though they're closed back, so if privacy is important, that is something to consider. The D1100's have more isolation (but don't have the refined sound of the D2000).

Other headphones to consider:

Ultrasone HFI 580
BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
AudioTechnica ESW9
Technics RP-DJ1200A
Pinoeer HDJ-2000
Panasonic RP-HTF600

Very best,

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Especially the 80ohm model if bass is more important, which for hip hop it would be the main criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back