Benjie Offical Thread
Feb 4, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,757 of 2,126
Start with a blank SD and add the file to that.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #1,759 of 2,126
I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It will probably get stuck in Chinese New Year celebrations. :frowning2: I'll be begging for more help in the Spring.

We'll be here.

im here.gif

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #1,760 of 2,126
Hey, guys. Just wanna ask some help here. I tried to update the firmware of my S5 (w/ bluetooth) with the agptek m20 (1.18) fw and now, after updating it, my unit is stuck on the AGPTEK startup screen. I already tried resetting it but it still stucks on the start screen.

Any help will do. Hoping for your kind responses. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,761 of 2,126
Try flashing again

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,763 of 2,126
Problem is the laptop can't recognize the s5 anymore after what happened.
I think, like me, you now have a dead Benjie S5B (with bluetooth). I have not been able to find firmware anywhere for the bluetooth version, and both the AGPTEK M20 and Benjie S5 firmware hang on the welcome screen. If you hold the power and volume down buttons togther and connect the player to your PC it should recognise it.
If you work out how to get it working again please post up here or let me know ... I've given up and bought a Shanling M2S - but it would be good to get the Benjie working again.

Feb 11, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,764 of 2,126
Problem is the laptop can't recognize the s5 anymore after what happened.

You only really need that to function if you want to use the internal storage. I only use external storage. You're not trying to upgrade the firmware from internal storage are you?

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #1,765 of 2,126
Weird. im looking at the AGPtek A10T which is the color screen version of the Benjie S5 (not sure the about the name) but the curios thing is that it says that ogg and AAC are disabled duing bluetooth playback.
Just recieved my benjie s5 and paired it with the ks zs6, everything seems pretty cool (i do not set the volume past setting 6) but i have 2 questions:

1. They did not advertise it had bluetooth, but the menu says it does.... I can not test it but can someone confirm that bluetooth actually works on the benjie s5?
2. When my song is playing and i want a different profile setting (like rock for example), the player stops playing, reboots or something. How do you guys set a different soundprofile, or what am I doing wrong, or what do I not understand correctly about setting different soundprofiles?

Thanks.
The S5 that i have set up for a friend seems to go for a reboot when I change the sound profile.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #1,766 of 2,126
Weird. im looking at the AGPtek A10T which is the color screen version of the Benjie S5 (not sure the about the name) but the curios thing is that it says that ogg and AAC are disabled duing bluetooth playback.
I have bought two Benjie S5B's to use almost exclusively with Bluetooth. I loaded 16GB micro sd cards with ogg files only to discover that the S5B does not support ogg over Bluetooth. I don't understand why. Will a change of firmware turn ogg through Bluetooth back on?
The S5 is a great sounding Dap, my other option is to buy 128gb sd cards and load them with flac files. Does the S5 support 128gb cards?

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,767 of 2,126
I have bought two Benjie S5B's to use almost exclusively with Bluetooth. I loaded 16GB micro sd cards with ogg files only to discover that the S5B does not support ogg over Bluetooth. I don't understand why. Will a change of firmware turn ogg through Bluetooth back on?
The S5 is a great sounding Dap, my other option is to buy 128gb sd cards and load them with flac files. Does the S5 support 128gb cards?
Works for me… I format my larger SD cards in FAT32 for these cheap players. Since I'm only putting audio files on the card the size limitations aren't limiting. Besides I use DriveSort on these habitually for the same reason. The better players don't have any issues. Makes changing to an inexpensive I don't care if I lose or break it while I'm out player instead of a nicer listening at home player easier.

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,768 of 2,126
The K9 supports 200gb cards (at least in my experience). I Would expect the S5 uses exactly the same hardware and firmware for reading TF as it would make little sense to develop 3 or 4 different mechanisms to perform the same task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back