Benjie Offical Thread
Feb 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,771 of 2,126
The S5 tops the K9 despite the same chipset of the two devices. Build quality is better too.

Not looking to start a debate on that point, merely pointing out that both have the same mechanics as regards TF cards and mine have no issue with 128 or even 200gb cards. YMMV

Feb 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #1,772 of 2,126
The red S5 which I've purchased recently does not compatible with CTIA compatible headset (iPhone's jack), when plugged in, I have to hold the answer button to get the sound proper, but the K9 does compatible. Is it just me got this problem ?

Feb 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #1,773 of 2,126
The red S5 which I've purchased recently does not compatible with CTIA compatible headset (iPhone's jack), when plugged in, I have to hold the answer button to get the sound proper, but the K9 does compatible. Is it just me got this problem ?
I'm not an iPhone person, Android here Galaxy S8+, but I'd be happy to test with a pair of phones with a TRRS jack if someone can assure me that'd be helpful.

Seems odd that the S5 would have issues but the K9 wouldn't. I know the way that they use just 1 point to allow for features like pause, play, volume up and down, etc is to short the mic line (tip) with the various other points, L, R and ground. When you press hold you're shorting tip with one of the channels. So when it works that way but not normally it means that the jack isn't seated properly. I'd think if it was a general issue I'd see mention of the issue in at least some of the numerous reviews of the player. Could you try either pressing really firmly to make sure that the jack is fully seated or very slightly pulling it out and seeing if either makes a difference?

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,775 of 2,126
listened to Benjie S5 with Swing IE800 earphone while it was simultaneously charged gave me electric shocks
it's tiny but i felt the bites on both ears, where the metal housing touch my ear
anybody also experience this?

edit : just found out than swing IE800 use ceramic housing
hmm, i;m confused

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,776 of 2,126
Hi, I've just received Benjie S5 and I've got some issue with it. It appears that it's not compatible with headphones with built in pilot/mic (4 pin jack). I tried it with 2 headphones and when I put the jack to the bottom of the plug sound is distorted. But when i left the jack 5 mm from the bottom sound is ok. Also with the headphones from the box everything is ok. Problem occured both on stock firmware and on newest AGPTEK m20 firmware. Can somebody tell me if I get a faulty player or is it normal with Benjie S5?

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,777 of 2,126
Hi, I've just received Benjie S5 and I've got some issue with it. It appears that it's not compatible with headphones with built in pilot/mic (4 pin jack). I tried it with 2 headphones and when I put the jack to the bottom of the plug sound is distorted. But when i left the jack 5 mm from the bottom sound is ok. Also with the headphones from the box everything is ok. Problem occured both on stock firmware and on newest AGPTEK m20 firmware. Can somebody tell me if I get a faulty player or is it normal with Benjie S5?

Mine works fine with all my 4 pin headphones, as far as I know it shouldn't be an issue.

Mar 1, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #1,779 of 2,126
Gone back to using a benjie s5 today after weks of sony zx300. I'll tell you what, his little gem holds its own. What are the other benjie players like? Are there any better than the s5. It sounds great with black metal

Mar 1, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #1,780 of 2,126
Gone back to using a benjie s5 today after weks of sony zx300. I'll tell you what, his little gem holds its own. What are the other benjie players like? Are there any better than the s5. It sounds great with black metal
I like the K9 which I own. The T6 / AGPtEK Rocker is a step up feature-wise with Bluetooth and gapless playback as the 2 features I appreciate the most.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #1,781 of 2,126
Hello Friends
This is my first post on head-fi. In the begining sorry for my english. As You will probably swe its not my first language.
After a lot od research Andrzej reading this topic a lot I decide to buy benije S5. With it I also decide do buy KZ ATE and as a backup earbuds uiisii hm7. The benije is a great little player but it is not compatible with my earbuds(they both had mic so the 3 step jack). Is there any trick to fix this?
Thanks for any anwsers in advance.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,782 of 2,126
Hello Friends
This is my first post on head-fi. In the begining sorry for my english. As You will probably swe its not my first language.
After a lot od research Andrzej reading this topic a lot I decide to buy benije S5. With it I also decide do buy KZ ATE and as a backup earbuds uiisii hm7. The benije is a great little player but it is not compatible with my earbuds(they both had mic so the 3 step jack). Is there any trick to fix this?
Thanks for any anwsers in advance.

As jamonbread said to me the 4pin earbuds incompatibility it's a bug not a feature. So it's not a common problem and you might get a player that doesn't have this issue. About mine Benjie S5 I got "almost" full refund from Gearbest and finally it costs me $0.97. Now I need to find some good earphones with 3pin jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back