Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Feb 26, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #4,156 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yum. I take it you're not one of those who claim that removing the source from sources of EMI like the TV and computer makes a big difference?
wink.gif

Actually that TV is off and not even plugged in most of the time. I really should get rid of it.
icon10.gif
As for the computer it is completly shielded on the inside and is actually grounded.

Either way I going to be moving the computer to a different area.

-Alex-

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #4,157 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eyyyyy. Brother New Yawkuh. Any excuse for a little more melodrama and a great cinematic reference is a good one. Capeeeesh? [sic]

…and yeah — that's a real classy Quantaray case, alright.

I shall forgive you, on this, the day of my daughter's wedding.

To the guy above, it comes with foam inside that is cubed so you can pop out the shape you want.

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #4,158 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually that TV is off and not even plugged in most of the time. I really should get rid of it.
icon10.gif
As for the computer it is completly shielded on the inside and is actually grounded.

Either way I going to be moving the computer to a different area.

-Alex-

blink.gif
ERS paper lining?

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #4,159 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the guy above, it comes with foam inside that is cubed so you can pop out the shape you want.

see? now i missed that part. case, you will be mine.

it comes in small, medium and large - it's the medium one, right?

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #4,160 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
see? now i missed that part. case, you will be mine.

it comes in small, medium and large - it's the medium one, right?

I think so... I can't remember exactly. I believe I figured it out at some point. If it's in this thread... it's lost forever though! Have you tried navigating this thing for useful information!?

I'd be willing to bet they've got them at BH or Calumut or Adorama though. It's a camera case, you could go down and give em a looksie!

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #4,161 of 6,026
I bought it at a B&M Ritz store, and that one is the medium ($39+tax if I recall). Getting the foam right was very easy, took maybe 10 minutes. The only problem I had is that the foam has pretty strong smell for maybe a week or two after you get it, assuming you keep it open the whole time.

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #4,162 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought it at a B&M Ritz store, and that one is the medium ($39+tax if I recall). Getting the foam right was very easy, took maybe 10 minutes. The only problem I had is that the foam has pretty strong smell for maybe a week or two after you get it, assuming you keep it open the whole time.

thanks! just ordered the medium from Ritz via amazon! i'll let the foam air out until the national then - that's over a month before i'll have to use it for HP2 duty!

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #4,163 of 6,026
DIY'ed over the last two weeks; Solid Walnut, stainless steel and granite slabs. Assembled today and tweaked tonight.
I'm pretty pleased for my first effort.
The headphone stand (walnut) is a third through.
ym7tf5.jpg

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #4,164 of 6,026
^^ VERY nice! I've been wanting to do a DIY stand for some time now, but the small dimensions of my dorm room make it simply unfeasible.

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #4,165 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ VERY nice! I've been wanting to do a DIY stand for some time now, but the small dimensions of my dorm room make it simply unfeasible.

Well, it was either DIY or Ikea Corras which don't actually look too bad!

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #4,166 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY'ed over the last two weeks; Solid Walnut, stainless steel and granite slabs. Assembled today and tweaked tonight.
I'm pretty pleased for my first effort.
The headphone stand (walnut) is a third through.
ym7tf5.jpg

Those headphones are on the BOTTOM of the rack in that picture! Tsk!

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #4,167 of 6,026
It feels fitting that my 1000th post be in this thread, as the Curse has struck again.

This time, it's a DAP blitz. I'm acquiring a 60GB iPod Video, a 2G Nano and a dock lineout to go with the two of them. This is for a comparo between the lineout quality of the iPod family and the headphone-out quality of the Clix... which will reign supreme?

Can anyone chime in with any differences that exist between the Nano lineout and the Video lineout?

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #4,168 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It feels fitting that my 1000th post be in this thread, as the Curse has struck again.

This time, it's a DAP blitz. I'm acquiring a 60GB iPod Video, a 2G Nano and a dock lineout to go with the two of them. This is for a comparo between the lineout quality of the iPod family and the headphone-out quality of the Clix... which will reign supreme?

Can anyone chime in with any differences that exist between the Nano lineout and the Video lineout?

It the Nano is the current gen, then the line out from the video iPod will sound noticably better. The 2G Nanos sounded worse than the 1G, unfortunately. Still, from the line out, the sound is more than acceptable with a decent portable amp. But the full-sized iPod is better.

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #4,169 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those headphones are on the BOTTOM of the rack in that picture! Tsk!

Right where they belong.
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #4,170 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right where they belong.
wink.gif

Oh SNAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back