Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Feb 24, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #4,141 of 6,026
Pretty funny, you think you're out, right?

Then something comes along... a life change, perhaps... for me, it was the end of my 3 year relationship. I go into JR to get a nice, long VGA cable, and what do I come out with?

The comfort-food of headphones... an HD580. $140, discontinued, how could I say no? Surprisingly sounds quite dynamic out of the Zune, which is unusual. Senns always sounded good out of my home Pioneer amp, so that'll be what it's plugged into the most...

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #4,142 of 6,026
Do I even need to say the quote?
200px-GodfatherIII2.jpg

Welcome back!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #4,143 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome back!
evil_smiley.gif

kirk.jpg

Jaaaaaaahhhhnn!

I'm not like, fully back into it or anything. I don't think I'll be going nuts from this point on. I know what the best sounds like but I also know the sacrifices one must make for it... pretty budget conscious from here on out.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #4,144 of 6,026
Quote:

200px-GodfatherIII2.jpg

Welcome back!
evil_smiley.gif

Why — yes you do. We all know it, but you must say it. This is not a request… I think you understand.

Feb 25, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #4,145 of 6,026
Quote:

Picture052.jpg

Picture056.jpg

I hate you.

Never thought I'd say that!

Sigh...........................

Nice. (…lame, but I can't work up more than that. sigh.)

HD28 AND ----- AAAAAND HD35. Both within shooting range of V-Day! Sheesh. I got my gal in the wrong store!

Now you have to get a nice Martin 12-String. They play themselves. Beee-you-tee-ful. You willlllll get a Martin 12-String. Youuuuuuu Willllllll, etc.

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #4,146 of 6,026
gotta getta guild is where it's at for 12-strings! i'm an original guild fanboy! and make no mistake, i'm not a guitar hustler, the HD28 was trade bait to get Mr. Ferrara's guitar in the door. but my F30 needs tlc - spend the cash for a neck reset, or spend the same cash to get that 12string? hmm, but i dont want the F30 to turn into kindling. argh!

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #4,147 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty funny, you think you're out, right?

Then something comes along... a life change, perhaps... for me, it was the end of my 3 year relationship. I go into JR to get a nice, long VGA cable, and what do I come out with?

The comfort-food of headphones... an HD580. $140, discontinued, how could I say no? Surprisingly sounds quite dynamic out of the Zune, which is unusual. Senns always sounded good out of my home Pioneer amp, so that'll be what it's plugged into the most...

Good to see you back Mercuttio! Your posts have been missed by the community.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 8:49 AM Post #4,149 of 6,026
Ah, J — you disappoint me. It must be said:

[size=medium]Michael Corleone:[/size][size=medium] Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.

Welcome back to the Family, Merc.
[/size]

Quote:

200px-GodfatherIII2.jpg

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #4,150 of 6,026
Hahaha, you buy an HD580 and you're back in the family, huh?

I think you should all be ashamed for referencing the third Godfather movie. NOBODY wants their return likened to that, do they?

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #4,152 of 6,026
i couldn't have quoted it with as much panache as you just did, Romanee!
rs1smile.gif

i think i'll have to buy a quanteray case for the trip to San Jose...

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #4,153 of 6,026
Those cases are absolutely PERFECT for any type of headphones. Heh, shame I don't have anything now that justifies that sort of protection!

Haven't been out with my camera in a week or so. Man, what a crazy time in someone's life... perhaps I'll start shooting this week. The snow outside in Brooklyn might look nice tomorrow.

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #4,154 of 6,026
Did you cut that foam yourself or did it come with the case?

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #4,155 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha, you buy an HD580 and you're back in the family, huh?

I think you should all be ashamed for referencing the third Godfather movie. NOBODY wants their return likened to that, do they?

Eyyyyy. Brother New Yawkuh. Any excuse for a little more melodrama and a great cinematic reference is a good one. Capeeeesh? [sic]

…and yeah — that's a real classy Quantaray case, alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back