Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
Feb 27, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #4,171 of 6,026
Nice to see that you've returned Mercuttio. What's even nicer though is that you've joined the Sennheiser family.
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #4,172 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see that you've returned Mercuttio. What's even nicer though is that you've joined the Sennheiser family.
biggrin.gif

Ears are funny things, and these HD580s have burned in great. I've never been a fanboy of any product, really. I just listen to what I like at the moment. I do think I like em better than I liked the HD650 though.

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #4,174 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought it at a B&M Ritz store, and that one is the medium ($39+tax if I recall). Getting the foam right was very easy, took maybe 10 minutes. The only problem I had is that the foam has pretty strong smell for maybe a week or two after you get it, assuming you keep it open the whole time.

So the case comes with a solid block of foam inside and you just cut it to fit whatever headphones?

edit: woah did you just get another Aqvox? I thought you had one in silver that you sold after your review.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #4,175 of 6,026
That looks nice Iron_Dreamer. I didn't know you still have Aqvox there. In our short comparison it didn't match DA100 but I'm eagerly waiting for your thoughts.

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #4,176 of 6,026
Quote:

How's this for a tower o' power:

DSCF1022.jpg

I can just smell the review simmering now; the second annual DAC deathmatch!
biggrin.gif

WOW! Nice.

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #4,177 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the case comes with a solid block of foam inside and you just cut it to fit whatever headphones?

edit: woah did you just get another Aqvox? I thought you had one in silver that you sold after your review.

You actually don't need to cut it at all, the foam starts out with cube shapes lightly cut into it. They're still attached, but it doesn't take much to pop them out and make a blocky shape for what you want to fit inside.

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #4,178 of 6,026
It's the USB 2 DA MkII, their revision to the model I reviewed last year. I just got it a couple days ago, so it's in the early stage of being figured out. The biggest change is that the headphone amp is a full-on class-A discrete number that works with any of the digital inputs (whereas the MkI's headphone amp was rather wimpy and worked only with USB), so it's a full-on DAC/Amp unit now.

Feb 28, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #4,179 of 6,026
WOW, that is simply amazing. please bring it to San Jose.

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #4,180 of 6,026
Quote:

It's the USB 2 DA MkII, their revision to the model I reviewed last year. I just got it a couple days ago, so it's in the early stage of being figured out. The biggest change is that the headphone amp is a full-on class-A discrete number that works with any of the digital inputs (whereas the MkI's headphone amp was rather wimpy and worked only with USB), so it's a full-on DAC/Amp unit now.

that's an interesting upgrade that they did - perhaps they listened to your direct feedback on that one!

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #4,181 of 6,026
The amount of electronics in my office has gotten a little scary:

DSC01277.jpg

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #4,182 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, i've never seen your setup before. Looks great!
Are those the B&W 600 S3?

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #4,183 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, i've never seen your setup before. Looks great!
Are those the B&W 600 S3?

Yep. And paired with the Sunfire True Sub Jr under my desk, they sound awesome
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #4,184 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How can you work when you're surrounded by all those toys?
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #4,185 of 6,026
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you work when you're surrounded by all those toys?
biggrin.gif

Sometimes it can be hard
blink.gif

Although really it's sort of the opposite issue - I work a lot of hours, and I need music to get me through it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back