Beats
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 80
Tons of posts on this, I suggest you search. In short, they are overpriced and poorly made. Much better headphones can be had for the money.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 80
The Pro are the best out of the bunch, yet at 3X the price you can get around here. I mean the value with sound quality. You can get better sound with your money if you ask about here.

Solo and studio break easily

The only Monster Product I can recommend is their Turbines and Tributes.

Look at the line of Ultrasone, you'll spend your money better with them.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 80
ahhahahah....I've just tried the Beats Studio two days ago at the local electronic store, very very nice earpads and light too. The bass was quite good actually....
I'm definitely returning to try them again....lol

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 80
I think the studios work well for Lil Wayne and that style of rap. The bass is moving, and it isn't a bass monster as people claim it to be. It is actually a bit more relaxing and you can feel it in your chest. The biggest problem I have with my pair of beats, and the reason I'm selling them, is because listening for longer than 20 minutes makes my head hurt. And I'm not the only one! The sound is a bit too pushed and it just makes my head hurt. (Keep in mind the comfort of the studios is great). I think it's a misconception that the sound is bad, it's not bad, just pushed.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #9 of 80
Your head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest.  I wonder why your head hurts!

If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 80
I had the studio edition, and soon after i sold them, got westone 3( yeah its IEM) but wayyy better than the beats, knowing that i dont use amplifier and as far as i know the beats have integrated one, the beats cant even get close to westone..
Although to some1 who has never used semi-pro or pro headphones the beats sound amazing, that's why so many ppl buy them and ofc they are ¨beats¨ 

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #11 of 80
 It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 80

Quote:
Your head hurts, yet you can feel the bass in your chest.  I wonder why your head hurts!

If you're listening loud enough to the point the bass pressure is felt in your chest, chances are you're losing your hearing.

I agree.  There must be some ridiculous distortion at those levels.  Especially with those headphones.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #14 of 80

Quote:
 It's more of a calming feeling of the bass, it's not mind-bogglingly loud. My head hurts because of the entirety of the sound, it doesn't mesh well and confuses my ears because it isn't very flat like Sennheisers. Keep in mind I have the volume at <40%. I don't know how to explain the bass feeling in the chest, but you CAN feel it.

I personally have never found that to be the case with any headphone I've had or tested, including the beats.  I've been tricked into thinking I could feel extremely low bass in my chest from D2000, but never feel it.  What songs do you get that 'in your chest' feeling from?

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #15 of 80
nathanachen,

None of the three larger Beats models are worth their asking prices at all. The Beats Solo is by far the worst sounding (as well as the biggest rip-off) of the lot; in fact, they actually sound as wretched as or worse than even $10 Walkman-type headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back