Beats studios are not overpriced.
Oct 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #91 of 111

Quote:
This is a funny thread.

(product) + Monster = overpriced

I've been using this formula for almost 10 years now. The math still adds up.

But it's true, half the price of the beats is in the cabling. Same thing with home thearter speakers, you can spend an equal or more amount on monster cables then you did on the speakers themselves. Now how much does that makes sense? None at all, your better off with normal wires and better speakers.

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #94 of 111
i just convince one of my friend not to buy the beats by dre (she's about to buy it the next day after she told me she's going to buy it) and now she's about to buy the Denon ah-d1100
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #95 of 111
I have never tried any Dr. Dre headphones so far, but I mean... do they really pay celebrities for wearing their cans? IMHO just for that fact we could easily say Dr. Dre doesn't put the money where it should. Same thing with the headphones/IEMs built, they really look too flashy for being serious. However, all this is speculation, for as I've already said I've never tried them (although ppl here in Spain are starting to use them and I have seen how they look).

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #96 of 111
sorry if i ignite this thread again, but i stopped in apple today and listened to the studios and my hearing has changed drastically. i also said that the beats had goood noise cancellation, which i would like to take back and say sorry if i angered anyone. i have been officially converted
k701smile.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #97 of 111

Quote:
sorry if i ignite this thread again, but i stopped in apple today and listened to the studios and my hearing has changed drastically. i also said that the beats had goood noise cancellation, which i would like to take back and say sorry if i angered anyone. i have been officially converted
k701smile.gif

The NC pretty good
But the sound itself overall is terrible,
Not detailed, Over-Powering bass

The casing LOOKS good, but my friends has Beats Headphones, Both Solo and Full
The case is made out of cheap ass plastic, the hings breaks in a couple of months
Sometimes the Left Speaker dies

Monster Cable is what makes it a high price, with all the ads....

Cables in such a short difference wouldnt require expensive cables =.=

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #100 of 111

Quote:
The NC pretty good
But the sound itself overall is terrible,
Not detailed, Over-Powering bass

The casing LOOKS good, but my friends has Beats Headphones, Both Solo and Full
The case is made out of cheap ass plastic, the hings breaks in a couple of months
Sometimes the Left Speaker dies

Monster Cable is what makes it a high price, with all the ads....

Cables in such a short difference wouldnt require expensive cables =.=

Overpowering bass? Really?...I heard my friend's one and thought that the bass was horrible compared to my XB700s

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #101 of 111

I have, and they are not worth the $450 price tag or the $350 dollar i paid. After burn in and with a amp, they don't come anywhere close to the Ultrasone Pro750, and the many say the bass is balanced, i would rether say its more balance than other beats product, Also, the Beats Pro are WAY to heavy for long time lisenting, and the speakers push aginst your ear(i have normal ears). Just totally over price, the onlything i will give them is they feel REALLY solid.
Quote:
Quote:
Except the NC on the Beats actually sucks.  I'd give them a pass if the NC actually did much of anything, but it doesn't...

And you know those are the Studios how?  The FRC on Headroom doesn't look like the Studios.  You realize there are four different Beats headphone not counting IEMs.  Btw, only one of them is referenced as 'Professional' and I'm pretty sure 99.999% of this site hasn't heard them.  I'm pretty sure many who have commented on what they thought they heard wasn't the phone they thought they heard.   

http://beatsbydre.com/products/showproducts.aspx?startBanner=1

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #103 of 111
Like I said you shouldn't pay more than $180 for the Studios.  If you pay more that's your call.  I think the pros were on sale for $199 or $249 at one time, don't recall which.  Anyway, they aren't for me and have no place in my collection.  If they want to make a Monster Chopin or Rachmaninoff edition headphone tuned accordingly w/ a lifetime warranty like the Turbine Pros I'd give it a listen.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #104 of 111
in semi-related news i was wearing my ultrasone pro 750's when my friend came over the apartment the other day.

he walked in with beats studios (the $350 ones) around his neck, i immediately gave him my ultrasones (which i paid $250 for) and driven only out of his ipod he was visibly confused as to how "Friggin sweet" mine sounded compared to his.

when i told him they were $250 he got a little fizzed.

fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back