Beats Studio Bass Question and Suggestions
Oct 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 40
you gotta help me out here. What kind of amp did you use to achieve that?
Because I know nothing about these portable amps for headphones. I am only familiar and use a lot of car audio equipment.

give me some names of amps so i can read into them or any information that will help me make an informed decision. thank you

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #17 of 40
@jockhater2: haha we really are best friends:)

Well are there any good amps to boost the bass power for XB700? I really want to hear its full potential
One big problem: When im on the move im listening to it on my phone, so i dont think there'll be a line out for Sony Vivaz. (Yes all my products are sony). Theres a line out to a laptop yeah?

And...So beats studio bass is worse than the tours?

Oct 31, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
you gotta help me out here. What kind of amp did you use to achieve that?
Because I know nothing about these portable amps for headphones. I am only familiar and use a lot of car audio equipment.

give me some names of amps so i can read into them or any information that will help me make an informed decision. thank you

Are you talking to me? I don't use any amp with XB500, they don't need any as they are the easiest driven headphones I've tried so far, XB700 however needs a rather powerful amp to get most out of it. I just use kX Audio driver's 10-band-EQ for my Creative Audigy 2 ZS card and that EQ works very well for me.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #19 of 40
I only see Fiio E5 around :\
and IBasso T3D, T4
The rest are Ray Samuels

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #20 of 40
Buy XB500 and sell XB700 and stop worrying about amps.
smily_headphones1.gif
No matter what amp you use I don't think you'll quite get the sound you're looking for from XB700. Unamped the XB500 has significantly more punchy bass than XB700 with a good amp.

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #21 of 40
But it also doesnt reach as low :S
I figured if i already have the 700s i mind as well try to improve it to see how it sounds at a better potential :p

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #22 of 40
XB500 reach pretty much as low as XB700, like I've already said it can handle bass below my hearing capabilities, isn't that enough?
tongue.gif
XB500 is more closer to XB700 + extra punchy upper bass than upper bass focus and lack of deep bass. Just EQ the XB500 a bit like this and it will sound very good for its price:

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #23 of 40
Haha well part of me just doesnt want to buy a new headphone :p
I mean, an amp will let all my headphones use it. 
And im saving up for the Z1000. 
(Brand loyalty sony ftw!)

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #24 of 40
you better have a ps3 then too.

if you do. you should add me. jockhater2

RPGWIZARD is right.

shell out the $50-60 for the XB500s. there what you are looking for. i mean they wont quiet the screaming vocals (whitechapel or all that remains) and the guitars but they will give you a ton of bass to get what you want. because they satisfy me with the sound i want.

and he is right. the 500s hit down to 4 hertz. i dont even think songs that aren’t dedicated bass and drums or subwoofer testing songs play frequencys that low. the 500s are perfect for you. i found them brand new for 60 on ebay. and i believe they are 50 on amazon. go for it.

i am listening to devil wears prada with them right now. trust me. these are the headphones you want. RPGWIZARD said it. you wont get the punch your looking for out of the 700s and it was cost you more anyways.

for my xb500s. i just added a fiio e5 amp for $25 and the bass is EXPLOSIVE

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #25 of 40
and did you ask me what I think of the monster beats studios?

I owned them for 3 weeks. And I found out that I don’t really like noise canceling. I kept getting headaches from turning it up on songs i really liked. Also the punch was their but the deep bass lacked big time. their sound is really good but needs to be improved and so does the price. luckily i sold them to a friend for $250 and i paid 255 for them. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #26 of 40
Ahh Fiio E5 i can find everywhere :p Let me try that on the 700s first before deciding to buy another headphones
I only just recently got the tours...but it doesnt hit nearly as low as the XBs. However the punch is amazing.
When i heard the studios, i thought there was no  bass at all. yes NO BASS. I couldnt feel any punch unlike the tours. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #28 of 40
IMO, the hissing from the noise canceling system on the Beats is a deal breaker.  Also, the cans sound a bit over EQ to me.

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #29 of 40
I never heard any hissing when I heard them. But yeah. They weren’t EQd that great. I couldnt even turn them up all they way on my ipod. So their power consumption is under a 1000 mwatts. And the mids were too hidden.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 40
You won't hear the hiss unless you are in a quiet room. I didn't notice it when I auditioned it at the Apple store, but when I got them home I was not happy. They went back the next day.

Perhaps the Beats HD may be hiss free since it doesn't have noise canceling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back