Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance?
Jan 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #305 of 444
Does anyone know how to open up these things? Mine has a problem yesterday and i think it's about the jack input in the headphone but apparently these thing can't be disassembled since there aren't any screw or sort of.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #306 of 444
Does anyone know how to open up these things? Mine has a problem yesterday and i think it's about the jack input in the headphone but apparently these thing can't be disassembled since there aren't any screw or sort of.

You just tear off the cushion from the earcup, revealing three screws. The cushion is held in place with double sided foam tape.

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #308 of 444

You just tear off the cushion from the earcup, revealing three screws. The cushion is held in place with double sided foam tape.

You're the man (y). Thank you so much

Be very careful, and don't remove them too frequently. I did that, and now there's a gap between the cushion and the earcup 
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #310 of 444
I'll never give these a chance, even if they do sound better they will never make up for their past sins. Lying to the consumer and brainwashing people into thinking bass=good sound. Beats will always be cheap plastic crap to me.

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #312 of 444
i listened to solo 2 in shop and thought there were muffled, really can't understand why people give good reviews to them.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #313 of 444
Saw them on special in store today so i grabbed a pair to see how they stack up against my t51's.
Build quality feels quite good, hinges look fairly sturdy and its quite light in the hand.. Out of the box they have a good clamping force, not uncomfortable but noticeable and stronger than my t51s. I quite like the earcups, they are large for an on ear which helps with comfort but as i have a big head the pads barely manage to fit on my ears at maximum extension. Not as comfortable overall as my t51s but the stronger clamp helps them stay on my head better, my t51s tend to slip around a bit if i'm active but these give no issues.
I find myself quite pleased overall with the sound, for $170 i think these sound pretty good for a consumer orientated headphone. Bass is quite strong but thankfully not overdone like previous models. I havent found any tracks that feel like they have too much or too little bass so i think they've done pretty good job with it. The only complaint i have is the same one tyll has where i think the bass emphasis extends up into the mids just a little too much which gives a slightly thick sound. Compared with the t51s the solo 2s have a bit more impact but are not as tight and defined. Mids are surprisingly good too, vocals come across quite nicely and its only the slight thickness in the lower mids that can make things sound a little muffled and closed in at times. The t51s do a better job in the lower mids with better clarity and space but sound a bit more uneven in the upper mids it seems. I didn't find the highs on the solo 2s to be good nor bad, theres enough there to keep things exciting but enough roll off to keep things smooth and fatigue free. The t51s sound like they have more top end emphasis and extension which helps give more air and space to the music but also a bit more harshness at times.
Overall i think the solo 2s hold their own quite well considering the t51s are double the price.

Couple of comparison shots for anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back