Beats by Dre
Sep 12, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #46 of 180
I wouldn't expect kids these days to have a clue. They get dumped in school where they learn BS all day, most of which has no practical value and is soon forgotten, then get fed marketing the rest of the time while their parents slave away to get money to pay for what amounts to nothing.

Sorry, did you say something about headphones? 
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #47 of 180

Quote:
I wouldn't expect kids these days to have a clue. They get dumped in school where they learn BS all day, most of which has no practical value and is soon forgotten, then get fed marketing the rest of the time while their parents slave away to get money to pay for what amounts to nothing.

Sorry, did you say something about headphones? 
wink_face.gif

haha that is true

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #48 of 180

Quote:
eh? what is the meaning of that comment?

Logic. This is an audiophile forum on which people spend thousands of dollars on gear for significantly diminishing returns.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #49 of 180
Well i do know people who would by the beats again if there current one broke. Not gonna lie the beats are very stylish and mix with the current fashion statement and i have spoken with people who work in the design industry. The beats have been marketed very well and monster and Dr. Dre have done a good job with getting there product known. Most people who have tried out my cans say they just don't care about the audio that much. I personally do think the beats look good, and yes the do feel like they would break if you dropped them, but most people take care things they care about anyways.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #51 of 180

Quote:
It gets worse.  The 2011 Chrysler 300s has the "Beats" audio system as an option.  
confused.gif

Sooo its going to carter to what everyone things a car stereo should sound like? Nothing but bass and the occasional screech of treble.

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #52 of 180
Well, when i personally first listened to the beats about 8 months ago i was blown away by the sound. Personally it was all about their bass, i loved it so much I wanted more, even after i listened to other cans i still liked them, I loved them even more then my m-50s, but that as changed quite a lot. Reason is hip hop is currently the in style thing. Beats line caters to the hip hop sound signature. I know people who have tried my m-50s, pro 900s and Hd 555s then compared them to my beats and most of them would still take the beats over most of the other cans because # 1 they are stylish/contemporary (this is a huge decision maker, when it comes to any product) # 2 sound is better than what they normally listen to # 3 they are still very stylish # 3 the beats are very easy to get rid off without losing a ton of money on them. I got to own my beats for 5 months and didn't lose a penny on them. # 4 Did i say they are very stylish. I can't say the same for a lot of the cans on here. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #56 of 180

Quote:
18, You would be surprised by how many people are put off by the design of audiophile headphones. 

The only beats that actually look good are the pros. The solos are especially ugly, not to meantion some of the most uncomfortable things I have ever had the displeasure of putting on my head, and honestly, the bass wasn't anything to write home about. I have come to the conclusion that the beats only look good to those who are currently wearing them, everyone else I've talked to say that they just make you look like an ostentatious wanker.

The Pros on the other hand sound, look and feel good. Slightly above average clamping pressure is a bit annoying after a while, but they're not that much more uncomfortable than my Shures. A pity they aren't 100$ less.

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #57 of 180

Quote:
18, You would be surprised by how many people are put off by the design of audiophile headphones. 

mm proving my point that they are marketed to appeal to 12-18 year olds lol. Personally I prefer a more understated quality look with some wood or metal instead of plastic with a stupid logo lol.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #58 of 180

Quote:

Yes, you're correct on that.  A few weeks back, a two former co-workers stopped by my office location as they had heard I had some modified headphones that were really nice sounding.  On that day, I had my woodied Grados within read, so I put on some Jack Johnson, which seemed like a fair "tester" song.  One guy was a musician and loved the sound.  The other guy  asked if they were "retro" headphones.  I had to tell him they were not - but, they were a design that Grado has used for many years and still continues to build their headphones around that basic style.

All this "Beats" stuff is beating me down. 
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #59 of 180
Hmm. I ought to try to get my hands on a free pair of broken beats, maybe with a driver blown. Transplant oh say...Grado sr60/80 drivers into them? I wonder what bassheads would make of beats if I passed them off as very bright sounding headphones.
biggrin.gif
I bet most people would be turned away from them instantly and not buy beats later.
beyersmile.png

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #60 of 180
I don't see what people are talking about here. Beats are a fashion statement. And even though many people here including me don't like the plastic look, I think very little people will deny that the beats laptops aswell as the pros are nice looking products. I've used basically all beats headphones. And I tell you the pros stand out as quality. Leather feels nice, the chrome is actually metal. I mean there's a lot to love if you forget about audio for a second. And to me yes audez-LCD-2s or jeckin floats or stax sr-007(especially these) look like the best thing in the world. But that's only because I know what they are, only because I know these are premium products with sound to match. Imagine if you had the same stereotype about beats(which most people do). You would like them just because they seem/are said to be premium. So I guess that justifies why people buy them.

And please don't get me started on: for the audio quality they aren't worth the price. Neither is a painting, or a sculpture or a watch for that matter. You pay for the style, thats just the way it is. I bet a watchmaker will tell me: you payed 120euros for that crap???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back