Beats by Dre
Sep 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #32 of 180
Im not one of these people that are completely critical of all audio stuff and think it is all a rip off... Personally im sure I have noticed differences between cables but I think spending lots of money is a bit silly and also spending money like wireworld or nordost cables is just plain false advertising imo.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #33 of 180

Quote:
Well to be honest, I don't think the topic was going to get anywhere in the first place.  It was just an ill-fated attempt to bash on people who like the Beats.

Actually, I did this to know that there are people out there who know that beats are bad headphones, since half my school claims that they are "extremely high end headphones" and "waaay beter than anything else" 

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 180

Quote:
Actually, I did this to know that there are people out there who know that beats are bad headphones, since half my school claims that they are "extremely high end headphones" and "waaay beter than anything else" 

You should take a poll at your school, and list those two quotes as an option for an opinion on Beats. Don't correct the spelling either, just see if anyone notices the error. Make the other options "I don't care, iBuds are fine" and "Beats are terrible. Get some AKGs(or insert hi-fi brand here)."
I'll bet most of them won't notice the error.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #37 of 180
HTC has paid 300 million for controlling share of Beats Audio. Coming to a HTC Phone near you 16g and 32g models in the making. Whether you like the headphones or not the brand is probably here to stay and gaining ground.
As you can see in my signature I do have a HP Envy it is the Beats Edition. Although I gave away the Headphones that came with it I do enjoy my RS1i phones plugged right into the headphone out. When I run it to my DAC and WA6 things do get better, but for the money I would expect so.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #38 of 180
I honestly find it quite disturbing how many people just fall blindly for advertising and buy expensive items without even looking into other options. Personally I dont even like the look of the "beats by dre" headphones very much.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #39 of 180

Quote:
Im not one of these people that are completely critical of all audio stuff and think it is all a rip off... Personally im sure I have noticed differences between cables but I think spending lots of money is a bit silly and also spending money like wireworld or nordost cables is just plain false advertising imo.

People can spend as much as they want on cables, as long as they're analogue. Materials change the signal in an analogue cable, and while I can barely notice the difference, some people do. Now, once you start telling me that cables burn in, I get skeptical. And as soon as someone says that a digital signal is better in one cable than another, I immediately call ********.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #40 of 180

Quote:

People can spend as much as they want on cables, as long as they're analogue. Materials change the signal in an analogue cable, and while I can barely notice the difference, some people do. Now, once you start telling me that cables burn in, I get skeptical. And as soon as someone says that a digital signal is better in one cable than another, I immediately call ********.

mm but IMO anything over say... £60 for a analog RCA interconnect is diminishing returns and prices like £500 are just INSANE imo.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #41 of 180

Quote:
mm but IMO anything over say... £60 for a analog RCA interconnect is diminishing returns and prices like £500 are just INSANE imo.

This on a forum with people who sometimes have portable rigs with 3 or more devices?

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #43 of 180
I think that the Beats would sell quite well in the audiophile community if they were around $100.

I mean, who doesn't like a cheaper, fun headphone?

Sep 12, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #44 of 180

Quote:
I think that the Beats would sell quite well in the audiophile community if they were around $100.

I mean, who doesn't like a cheaper, fun headphone?

But lets face it as with most monster products at the end of the day they are well marketed but massively overpriced and inferior to other brands costing the same or less money.

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #45 of 180

Quote:

But lets face it as with most monster products at the end of the day they are well marketed but massively overpriced and inferior to other brands costing the same or less money.

That is definitely true, but I think that I recall some members around here saying that they would pay $100 for a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back