Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #436 of 527
There is a covered entrance but the parking is uncovered...maybe you guys can "leapfrog" the gear in by parking by the door and helping load each other in?

Quote:
Rain, rain, go away...

Does the hotel have a covered area where cars can park while equipment is being loaded and unloaded?

Jason and Mike, we are SUPER glad that you are BOTH coming to the meet...you really helped this meet take off!

Quote:
Hey all,

1. Both Mike Moffat and I will be attending.

See you there on the 19th!

See you all in 32.5 HOURS!

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #437 of 527
What happens if we have any surplus?

My thoughts have been to save some for the deposit on the next Bay Area Meet and then donate the rest to Head-Fi.

But, after inquiring on how to do that- Jude requested that we <instead> donate to a charity...very nice!

So, I'm throwing this out there (in case we end up flush) to get you thinking about this one...

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #439 of 527

Quote:
A worthy local non-profit who do related work to our hobby is H.E.A.R. - ( They gave a presentation at the LA Can Jam) 
H.E.A.R | About H.E.A.R 

I seriously think there should be something in this for the Organizer in Chief.  But the H.E.A.R. idea almost makes too much sense not to do.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #441 of 527
Countdown: 4,   32,   1 . . . .

Soon we will find out if CEE TEE is really a genius event organizer, or if the meet is all only a mirage.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #442 of 527
Quote:
Just to help stir the tempest in a teapot that Jude started in his blog about the Skullcandy Aviators -

I stopped at an Apple store on the drive down today and picked some up to use at the meet.

Burning them in now, yes? Leaves less to speculation.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #445 of 527
Charity - H.E.A.R. is appropriate given our hobby.  A charity near and dear to my heart is the National Down Syndrome Congress, or NDSC:

http://www.ndsccenter.org/

This is a national advocacy organization for people with down syndrome, and their families.  Forgive my soapbox, I just always offer the NDSC as a worthy recipient when charitable donations are mentioned.  When my lovely little girl was born a little over six years ago, the NDSC and their national convention was the start of our family understanding that everything would be possibly a little tougher, but mostly everything would be fine.  Over the past 6+ years, I've learned that in fact, everything is a bit tougher, sometimes quite a bit tougher.  I have also learned that the journey is quite wonderful.

OK, I'm off my soapbox, back to headphones now...

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #446 of 527
Hello Everyone,

I've caught a cold (someone brought it home from Texas, and yes it is Texas sized!) so rather than be unkind, I will sit the event out rather than chance getting anybody else sick.

I hope you all have a great time!!!

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #447 of 527
All of this talk is making me think we should bump up the asking donation to $40. 
blink.gif
  j/k... sort of.

Will someone make sure to turn off the waterworks tomorrow morning at around 7AM?

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #448 of 527

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I've caught a cold (someone brought it home from Texas, and yes it is Texas sized!) so rather than be unkind, I will sit the event out rather than chance getting anybody else sick.

I hope you all have a great time!!!

Sorry to hear you're sick FLACvest. Get better soon. I'm also sorry that I won't get a chance to try out that optical out cable, but maybe some other time.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #449 of 527

Quote:
FLACvest said:

Hello Everyone,

Timing is everything.  But thank you for your consideration and x2 on getting better soon!!!

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #450 of 527
@ Flacvest That sucks! Get better man. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back