Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 16, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #421 of 527

Quote:
I'm hoping that there will be some vinyl rigs there... I've been toying with the idea of setting up a vinyl rig to play some old stuff and check out my Dad's collection which has been collecting dust for years now.  It would be great to see how to set something decent up and what it sounds like... of course I can relate that it's not exacly easy to transport, so no worries if you choose to not lug it.

I'll plan on bringing it.  I'll try and bring a decent variety of vinyl too.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #422 of 527
I can see it now... spilled beer sizzling on the Mullards. 
eek.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #423 of 527
I've been busy lately, but it looks like I should be able to attend this meet.  If there is still space available, here's what I'll be able to bring:
Unison Research Unico CD
Trafomatic Experience Head One
Grado HF2 with reverse quarter-modded HD414 pads

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #427 of 527
Hey all,

It'll be great to meet everyone there! The final Schiit plans are:

1. Both Mike Moffat and I will be attending.
2. We're bringing:

Lyr (final production version) --> LCD-2s (or whatever you want--got any K1000? HE-6?)
Valhalla --> Senn 650s or Beyer 990s (or, as above--bring your high-impedance cans)
Asgard --> Grado PS1000 (or, you know how it goes--bring it on!)

3. As far as digits go, we're declining to show any prototype stuff, because the sheetmetal gives away too much, even in ugly form. Yes, it's that obvious. No, we're not going to tell yet. So you get to enjoy some truly antique Theta gear. Which may surprise you. We'll hook up whatever you have as sources as well.

See you there on the 19th!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #428 of 527
Hi Jason,

Will you be bringing any amps with you for us to buy? :)

Quote:
Hey all,

It'll be great to meet everyone there! The final Schiit plans are:

1. Both Mike Moffat and I will be attending.
2. We're bringing:

Lyr (final production version) --> LCD-2s (or whatever you want--got any K1000? HE-6?)
Valhalla --> Senn 650s or Beyer 990s (or, as above--bring your high-impedance cans)
Asgard --> Grado PS1000 (or, you know how it goes--bring it on!)

3. As far as digits go, we're declining to show any prototype stuff, because the sheetmetal gives away too much, even in ugly form. Yes, it's that obvious. No, we're not going to tell yet. So you get to enjoy some truly antique Theta gear. Which may surprise you. We'll hook up whatever you have as sources as well.

See you there on the 19th!

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #429 of 527
Unfortunately, nope. We're currently in a major production crunch. Lyr pre-order is sold out, Asgard and Valhalla are headed into back-order (short, 2 weeks-ish.)

Quote:
Hi Jason,

Will you be bringing any amps with you for us to buy? :)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 17, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #430 of 527
Awww. :frowning2:

Perhaps we can help lighten your load on the way home by buying the demo amps you're bringing. :)

Looking forward to hearing the Asgard though. I'm pretty sure that's going to be my next purchase, because I've been looking for an SS amp to leave at my girlfriend's house. Her apartment is always freezing in there (it's pretty much a basement), so the Asgard can double as a space heater also. 

Quote:
Unfortunately, nope. We're currently in a major production crunch. Lyr pre-order is sold out, Asgard and Valhalla are headed into back-order (short, 2 weeks-ish.)

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #431 of 527

Quote:
I'm assuming the hotel has a bar somewhere. I'd bring beer, but there might be underaged head-fiers at the meet. Wouldn't want CEE TEE to get in trouble, since he's more or less leading this whole meet. :)

The hotel doesn't allow beer or any other adult beverages that weren't bought from or through them to be consumed in the hotel conference rooms.
That's not to say that we haven't but you have to hide it from the hotel staff. We were caught after a meet a couple of times back and were told to cut it out (they weren't rude or anything but they did make it clear).

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #433 of 527
Quote:
Rain, rain, go away...

Does the hotel have a covered area where cars can park while equipment is being loaded and unloaded?

Good question. Maybe just phone the hotel and ask. Usually hotels have a canopy of some sort above the main entrance for this very reason.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #434 of 527
Just to help stir the tempest in a teapot that Jude started in his blog about the Skullcandy Aviators -

I stopped at an Apple store on the drive down today and picked some up to use at the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back