Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #451 of 527

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I've caught a cold (someone brought it home from Texas, and yes it is Texas sized!) so rather than be unkind, I will sit the event out rather than chance getting anybody else sick.

I hope you all have a great time!!!

Oh no! Do get well soon!

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #452 of 527
Quote:
I've caught a cold (someone brought it home from Texas, and yes it is Texas sized!) so rather than be unkind, I will sit the event out rather than chance getting anybody else sick.

That is such a shame.

On medications -- Let me suggest that you may shorten the duration (and prevent colds from developing in the future) with an over-the-counter medication named Zicam. Found in any drugstore. I keep both nose gel and throat spray on hand always since I am susceptible to catching colds. Forgive the commercial (I get no fees for this) -- I haven't had a bad cold in years because of this stuff, so I am a believer.

On headphone events -- alas, poor FLAC won't be the only person who wants to come but can't. As consolation, and followup opportunity, maybe smaller events could occur around the bay periodically. We needn't wait a year for a CEE TEE to come along and organize another extravaganza. For instance, half a dozen folks could assemble in somebody's living room to compare Sennheiser HD600, 650 and 800 phones with two or three amps, such as a good tube amp and a highly rated solid state. Or AKG K501, 601 and 701/2. Or LCD-2 vs T1 vs HD800. What if it's blind testing, like cabernet blind tastings? HD600 with Cardas or other cable vs HD600 with stock cable -- can everybody hear a difference? (Oh provocative topic!) These could create lively discussion during and afterward at small events. Other theme ideas will surely occur to the many creative minds in this group.

Wishing you quick recovery, FV!

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #454 of 527
The Plan:  

• If we have any surplus, I'd like to help the next Bay Area Meet by putting down the room deposit ($250-$350).  That would help get the next one started.  (We just need a date in the Fall...)
  • The reasonable and responsible thing to do would be to donate the rest to H.E.A.R. on behalf of the meet!

Quote:
A worthy local non-profit who do related work to our hobby is H.E.A.R. - ( They gave a presentation at the LA Can Jam) 
H.E.A.R | About H.E.A.R 

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #455 of 527
CALLING ALL POWER EXTENSION CORDS and POWER STRIPS.

I visited my storage unit today to try and retrieve my long cords but I have just too many <unlabeled black bins> stacked in the back of my unit to be able to find them as the tape labels have fallen off...I've got a couple of power strips but that won't help many people.

The walls separating the rooms are not permanent walls with outlets.

Therefore, please bring some long extension cords and any extra that you have in case they are needed.

You can always leave them in the trunk in case they are not needed but no power = no fun.

I have some little tags from Staples that you can write on and tie to your cords. 

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #457 of 527

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE TEE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

no power = no fun.

Or portable rigs will rule the day. 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #461 of 527
It looks like I will be able to attend the meet for a few hours.
Since I have to travel light, I can only bring headphones. Would someone be kind enough to let me share their sources and amps?
I am thinking about bringing one of the modded HP1000; Super Vintage RS1, maybe the LCD-2 as well if no one else is bringing one.

Cheers!

Paul

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #465 of 527
photo.JPG
OK, so I have no Head-Fi caliber  equipment to speak of. I recently decided that I wanted to treat myself to a nice set of cans. I found this website and well I haven't even made a purchase yet but intend on narrowing my choices and possibly deciding this weekend.

I can help by supplying some juice from the house (Doubletree) to your equipment.

7 - power strips
7 - extension cords
2 - rolls black tape to manage those pesky chords on the ground
1 - hand full of zip ties, more chord management
3 - CDs I hope to catch a listen on all your equipment.
     • Allman Brothers Band Live at the Beacon Theater 3-28-09
     • The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free
     • G3 Live in Tokyo - Satriani / Vai / Petrucci

I could actually bring a truck load of power strips and chords but this is what fits in the crate.

Thanks to CEE-TEE,
and see you all there!

sideways photo courtesy of being a noob. Not sure how to make the photo rotate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back