Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #467 of 527
I'll be bring a handtruck / dolly and help folks out in the morning haul stuff from outside the front door into the room. I figure this might help a bit given the expected weather conditions.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #468 of 527
Have a great time tomorrow guys.... Play nice.. support your host.... and watch your drinks.. :)

Cheers,
Mikey

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #469 of 527
That's awesome!

Quote:
photo.JPG
OK, so I have no Head-Fi caliber  equipment to speak of. I recently decided that I wanted to treat myself to a nice set of cans. I found this website and well I haven't even made a purchase yet but intend on narrowing my choices and possibly deciding this weekend.

I can help by supplying some juice from the house (Doubletree) to your equipment.

7 - power strips
7 - extension cords
2 - rolls black tape to manage those pesky chords on the ground
1 - hand full of zip ties, more chord management
3 - CDs I hope to catch a listen on all your equipment.
     • Allman Brothers Band Live at the Beacon Theater 3-28-09
     • The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free
     • G3 Live in Tokyo - Satriani / Vai / Petrucci

I could actually bring a truck load of power strips and chords but this is what fits in the crate.

Thanks to CEE-TEE,
and see you all there!

sideways photo courtesy of being a noob. Not sure how to make the photo rotate....

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #470 of 527
Quote:
That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by migsmack 
I can help by supplying some juice from the house (Doubletree) to your equipment.

Next to the Audiologist, this is probably the most useful thing that will make it to the meet tomorrow... genius! 
beerchug.gif

I need to get packed.  I hope I can get some sleep tonight... it's like the night before Xmas!!! 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #471 of 527
FYI, it is highly unlikely that I will get up there and set-up by 9am.  So if I get in an hour late or so, don't take my desk space. :)

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #472 of 527

Quote:
It looks like I will be able to attend the meet for a few hours.
Since I have to travel light, I can only bring headphones. Would someone be kind enough to let me share their sources and amps?
I am thinking about bringing one of the modded HP1000; Super Vintage RS1, maybe the LCD-2 as well if no one else is bringing one.

Cheers!

Paul

You can park with me. I've got one other sharing with me in the morning, but the 6' tables should be able to seat us all comfortably. I'll have one real source (the iRiver doesn't count) and two amps. Gzone who will be hanging out with me in the a.m. will have another source and amp.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #474 of 527
Updated Attendee List.  

Updated Room Diagram:
  1. Removed FLACvest: Get better!
  2. Moved MikeMalter slightly (other side of gzone3lement)
  3. Gave Schiit some more room- Jason AND Mike are now coming!

2/18/11  @  11:11pm

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #476 of 527
On my way....

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #477 of 527
Wow!!!  It was so awesome!!  I've learned so much... and it was sweet to meet to many of you face-to-face.

Thanks again, CEE TEE.

[]s
Walfredo

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #478 of 527
You're the man Walfredo! Nice meeting you.

You're also the man Ceetee because you set up such an awesome meet.

I'm glad that so many of you commented on my craftsmanship and got a chance to hear my Woodied t50rp, thanks for all of the kind words! Next time I'll actually bring a grado headphone to go along with the cups. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #480 of 527
I had so much fun! Plus I learned a few things...

The HE6 is too heavy for my whiplash and the Stax O1 are the best headphones I have ever heard. And my own rig is actually pretty awesome. Cured the lust for more for  a little while at  least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back