Bay Area Meet (California): February 19th, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #511 of 527

Hi n3rdling!

I believe the second (younger) member is Matchstix, DeusEx's (Paul's) friend. 

Quote:
Anybody remember the username of the guy in the last picture and the younger guy in the 2nd to last picture?  I remember talking to a bunch of people in these pics but can't remember any usernames.  It's bugging the heck out of me. :p

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #512 of 527
Sorry to go off topic but does anyone know a good used stereo consignment shop in the bay area?

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #513 of 527

Quote:
Hi n3rdling!

I believe the second (younger) member is Matchstix, DeusEx's (Paul's) friend. 

N3rdling - Cee Tee is correct, that's indeed my friend & fellow residence hall-mate Matchstix.  If only we knew that there existed a pair of HE-90s at your table...

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #514 of 527
Thanks for the answers.  Actually the HE90 was in a box for the majority of the meet.  I only brought it out for the last hour or so when it got less crowded.

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #515 of 527
Just curious, did anyone snag a pair of RE0 from HiFiman?? I was at the meet, left to pick up my girlfriend, and came back. After the raffle, she wanted to leave, so I forgot to pick up a pair. For the price, I was going to pick up a pair or two. :frowning2:

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #517 of 527
Can we have another Bay Area meet, soon?  Years ago I tried to go and missed it.  I can't wait to go to even a small bay area meet.  Anybody have plans in the works?  I want to introduce some other friends to headphone listening as well... or rather headphone listening on quality equipment.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #518 of 527
Hi @Logistics,

Not sure when the next Bay Area Meet will be...

As for my being able to plan one, August is too soon and October is already packed with RMAF in Colorado/The Headphone Festival in Tokyo.

Was considering September...but I might like to try to attend RMAF in October (or I may have something else coming up that I might need to take care of this year instead).

So my thoughts right now might be to help with another February meet in 2012.

If that is too far away and someone wants to try and organize a September meet- PM me and I will help you!  We have a down payment for the next meet to help with space costs.

Otherwise, please check in with the Local Meets area fairly regularly because I think we will have some mini-meets.

(I plan on organizing a "Portable Mini-Meet" in Mountain View soon.) 

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #519 of 527
Hi @Logistics,

Not sure when the next Bay Area Meet will be...

As for my being able to plan one, August is too soon and October is already packed with RMAF in Colorado/The Headphone Festival in Tokyo.

Was considering September...but I might like to try to attend RMAF in October (or I may have something else coming up that I might need to take care of this year instead).

So my thoughts right now might be to help with another February meet in 2012.

If that is too far away and someone wants to try and organize a September meet- PM me and I will help you!  We have a down payment for the next meet to help with space costs.

Otherwise, please check in with the Local Meets area fairly regularly because I think we will have some mini-meets.

(I plan on organizing a "Portable Mini-Meet" in Mountain View soon.) 

omg i'm sooooo looking forward to that. if you guys need any help setting up or anything get a hold of me i'll bring some friends! Also I have a car and I can swoop some people up from the airport or train station and drop them off if it helps.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #524 of 527
Thank you for the interest...

I need to check with Dana Street Roasting Co. in Mountain View to see if they are still hosting a show with Charlie Hunter and Scott Amendola on Sunday, July 17th.

It is still listed on Charlie's site:
http://www.charliehunter.com/news/index.php

Nick is always behind on his website:
http://danastreetroasting.com/shows/

Then I need to talk to Mina at the restaurant "Cafe Yulong" (right across the street) to see if I can take over their back room for a Portable mini-meet:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-yulong-mountain-view

The emphasis would have to be on portable only as it is just a regular restaurant (with a good back room area).

The show would be optional and around 7pm (probably $20).

As for the mini-meet before the show, I would hope we might be able to meet from 2-6pm and just buy their great food...will have to estimate how many would be feasible.

(I'm getting ready to go out of town for 10 days, coming up very soon...)

Maybe put a tentative hold on July 17th and I will see what I can do!

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #525 of 527
Update:  a <couple of us> will be at Mountain View's Cafe Yulong (in the back room from 3-6pm) to share some portable gear and talk shop before the Charlie Hunter/Scott Amendola show this Sunday evening.

PM me if you want to join us so I know if I need to alert the restaurant or not (fresh, good Chinese Food).

(Unfortunately, I couldn't start a thread and have everyone join us at the show because the 80 tickets sold out pretty fast...but maybe we could still meet up for a bit!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back