Bass headphones out of AKG81DJ,SONY XB 500,SONY XB700,GRADO 60I and SENNHEISER HD 212(Please help)
Jun 19, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #16 of 37
The screen shot you have posted is the EQ I have and its pretty flexible; I can adjust it as I like. Additionally its got it's own pre-arranged ones like Bass bosster and Classical.
But I can adjust the EQ the way I want pretty much on its touch screen.

Yes if you can send me correct positions on the 8 bands seperately I can change them according to that.

Many thanks mate:)

Cheers!!

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #17 of 37
That was only a random picture I found on google image search. :)

This however is my suggestion how you could try EQ it if you'd prefer to get a clearer/better balanced XB500 but still have a strong bass response:

(The red dots represent the values you should set to)

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #18 of 37
Many Thanks mate :)

I will copy this image to my PC and when the XB500 comes arrange it accordingly. I will post my comments soon after.
I am going to purchase it tomo on ebay.

Loads of Thanks!!

Have a great day!

Sam

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #19 of 37
Adjusted sliders a bit and reupped the pic in my previous post (in case you already saved it onto your comp)

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #20 of 37
No love for the D1100...

So underrated imo

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #23 of 37
Yea it's also an option. I wasn't personally a big fan of D1100, it lacked in deep bass response as well as the mids were very recessed for my liking. Then again I also tend to prefer forward sounding headphones like XB500 is, D1100 was too laid-back sounding but the bass response was strong (similar mid bass output like XB500) but reasonably controlled, XB500 then again has a lot more deep bass as well as the very uppermost bass compared to D1100. If you like a big soundstage and clear instrument separation for a closed very bassy headphone then D1100 won't disappoint though.

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #24 of 37
All right... XB 500 DECIDED :)

On a different matter, I am into music production as well. I make music with cubase, reason and fruity loops software. I also intend to do that sort of a professional level oneday!!
XB 500 would be something for the fun side of it.

How about a good headphone for the production level? For a cheap price of course. How about M50 on that side?
Do you have any thoughts for that?

Thank you so much again.

Sam:)

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #25 of 37
Yea M50 would be alright for a cheap studio monitor but there's also the highly popular Shure SRH 840 or SRH 940 which would probably do the job as well as it's slightly more skewed towards being analytical and find out the imperfections in the recordings rather than being fun and musically entertaining like XB500 is. Besides those two if you want something cheaper you could even opt for some of the Superlux headphones (perhaps the 668) which have quite nice balance for their asking price (usually around 50~$70), don't know exactly which model would be best for this purpose but they should be somewhat similar http://www.superlux.com.tw/productKind.do?pdkid=3a182f85-9464-41bf-b4c7-d618102f84ac&level=2&lv0=1

I know AKG has some very interesting offers as well but I don't know much about the cheaper/midrange AKG headphones so maybe some1 else can chime in and fill you out on that.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #26 of 37
Many Thanks mate,, Once again :):) It's been a great pleasure to have some headphone lovers community on line cos I have been struggling a lot to find something good and above all pick one out of the sea :)

I will post that query on a different thread for the benefit of others too. Many thanks for all this. All I have to do now is buy XB 500 tomo and wait for it with my fingers crossed :)

Cheers mate!!

Sam..

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #27 of 37
Just a quick thought, I am just wondering if there is anything that would do both jobs.. The job of XB 500 and studio level mixing type headphone?

are Shure SRH 840 and the others you listed good on both sides?

Hope I am not troubling too much..

Thanks mate..

Cheers

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #28 of 37

You dodged a bullet, the HD212 is horrible IMO.

For bass like the Bose Triport OE but better, get the XB700. You won't regret it. D1100 also works.
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am a basshead and I am looking for a good bass headphones for a cheap price. I have been searching forums and threads and found the following list that suits my price range and bass needs(not in the order of my preference)

1.AKG 81DJ
2.HD 212
3.GRADO 60i
4. SONY XB 500
5. SONY XB 700

I ordered HD 212 two days ago on ebay only to know that they are out of stock :frowning2: so I am hopeless and looking forward to purchase something out of the above list.(I can still find them on ebay from other sellers though)

Can you guys help me make a good decision because I am already dissapointed with my Plantronics Gamecom 777 7.1 purchase two weeks before(they are good but they lack the puncy bass boom I like to have)

recently I had the chance to listen to BOSE on ear hadphones and they are really really nice I should say. I like bass particulary. The kind of bass BOSE has would be ok but they are expensive.

HD212 has a good reputation for bass headphones so that's why I chose it over others. And SENNHEISER is said to be a good brand.

Can you guys please list the above in the order of music quality and bass quality(dance type groovy bass I mean)

And also are there any other headphones I have missed in my search of good bass headphones?

Your help is much appreciated.

THANK YOU.

Sam.. :)

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #29 of 37
THank you for your response friend.

From what I heard XB 700 is not as drivable as XB 500 and its lacking the punchy upper bass COMPARED to XB 500. That is why I chose it over XB 700.

I checked the price of Denon D1100 its about 150 AUD :frowning2: could have afforded it if I did not waste my money on stupid Plantronics :frowning2:

So I decided XB 500 at the end considering the price comfort drivabilty and the punchy bass which would make me feel like dancing to it( I am a pretty bass fanatic and a dance lover :xf_mad:@@ he he )

Jul 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #30 of 37
Hi Guys,

Finally I recieved the XB 500 from the US and here is my first thoughts about it. The headphone is absolutely awesome and its beyond my expectations. The bass quantity is really good and not muddy as well. It is very sensitive to the EQ as RPGWizard pointed out and with a bit of EQing the clarity which is not really good by default can be improved remarkably.
I listened to the track Closer(the stonebridge remix) by Ne-Yo to check the bass punch and the bass is well produced. Not muddy as in Dre Beats.
However, compared to the bose tripots the sound signature is more aggressive and not laid back as in tripots.
In overall, I am really satisfied with this.

May I know how D1100 sounds compared to this? Is it more laid back? I would like to purchase another headphone that produces a music signature that is close to Bose on ear tripots. I would not go for XB 700 as I already have the XB 500. So D1100 would be a choice.

Many thanks for helping me out to pick the right one. I really appreciate the help.

Cheers:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back