Bass head IEM's with no compromise?
Jun 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ken6217

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there an IEM that gives great bass (quantity and quality) but doesn't give up anything as a sacrifice?

I listen to rock music and am looking for IEM's with good solid bass, nice mid range and highs, big soundstage. Something that will be giving me a natural sound, and not artificial.

Thanks,
Ken

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 10
How much are you willing to spend and do you want mid-bass + deep bass or just deep bass?  

I think the Wan Xuan i9pro custom IEM would fit the bill if you don't want to sacrifice anything and have a lot of bass.  It fits everything you are looking for perfectly.  The JH16 has plenty of deep and fast bass, but the ultimate quantity isn't as much, although close.  I think the i9pro sounds a bit more natural overall.  The FX700 has a lower price and performance is also below the i9pro, but it is still good and fits, to a lesser extent, what you are looking for.

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 10
I would go with the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77.  They can be had on ebay for around $50, but they are factory rejects, and take a bunch of effort to get them to sound okay.  Going with the slightly more expensive ones, like from ace_of_bicycle on ebay will be factory fresh quality ones, and the sound is fantastic.  Great bass and sub-bass, smooth mids, and clear highs.  The bass on these IEM's was exactly what I was looking for with IEM's and I'm sure they won't disappoint you either.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 10
Actually I had bought a pair of Shure 535 last week. They sound nice but lacking in bass. I just got a pair to try of Grado GR10 and their is more bass but I think the overall sound quality of the 535 is better. Does that make sense?
Ken

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 10
Have you ever try the triple flange sleeves on the SE535 ?  

With that sleeves ,the SE535 sounds even better~~~

As far as i am concerned,the SE535 has more bass(quantity) than the GR10 

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #9 of 10
Try the ultimate ears 350. Tons of bass but not lacking everything else plus for the price its hard to beat them..

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Headset/dp/B004YI3LGY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1340217170&sr=1-1&keywords=350vi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back