Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #2,296 of 2,875
Has anyone been able to come up with an EQ setting to get the H6 Gen. 2 close to the Harman Target curve? If so, would you mind sharing your settings for a 10 band graphic EQ? I'm planning on trying it on the Sony NW-ZX300. So far I love the sound of the H6; I'm just curious as to how it would sound if EQ'd similar to the Harman curve!

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #2,297 of 2,875
I have been having a bad experience with my pair. At first I thought the cable was faulty so I sent it in for BO to take a look at it. They tested everything and found no issues... now I can tell the left driver is blown. The bass gives it away. Hopefully they do a better job testing it the second time around. They are very responsive but I am surprised that they could not find any fault the first time.

In the meantime I have the TAKSTAR PRO 82 on the way. Anyone here try them both?

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #2,298 of 2,875
I have been having a bad experience with my pair. At first I thought the cable was faulty so I sent it in for BO to take a look at it. They tested everything and found no issues... now I can tell the left driver is blown. The bass gives it away. Hopefully they do a better job testing it the second time around. They are very responsive but I am surprised that they could not find any fault the first time.

In the meantime I have the TAKSTAR PRO 82 on the way. Anyone here try them both?
Comparison of Pro 82 with B&O H6
More comparisons here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...s-and-discussion-thread.849965/#post-13490895

May 5, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #2,299 of 2,875
Hey guys,

I found out that B&O actually has a store in my city, so I went and tried out the H6 (Gen 2) and I was VERY impressed with the sound. The salesman offered to knock $50 off the $300 price tag, and with that I was sold.

I just brought them home and I'm noticing right off the bat that the bass is almost non existent to my ears, which wasn't the case in the store. It actually had very nice bass and rumbling sub-bass. They are also kind of hollow sounding. They sound very different out of the box compared to what I heard in the store. They honestly don't sound good to me, but they sounded good in the store. Thicker, more textured, more spacious. They also sound really quiet...I have the volume up all the way on my MacBook.

I'm assuming they need burn in but they sound like they have a long way to go...did anyone else experience this when they first got their pair?

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #2,300 of 2,875
Hey guys,

I found out that B&O actually has a store in my city, so I went and tried out the H6 (Gen 2) and I was VERY impressed with the sound. The salesman offered to knock $50 off the $300 price tag, and with that I was sold.

I just brought them home and I'm noticing right off the bat that the bass is almost non existent to my ears, which wasn't the case in the store. It actually had very nice bass and rumbling sub-bass. They are also kind of hollow sounding. They sound very different out of the box compared to what I heard in the store. They honestly don't sound good to me, but they sounded good in the store. Thicker, more textured, more spacious. They also sound really quiet...I have the volume up all the way on my MacBook.

I'm assuming they need burn in but they sound like they have a long way to go...did anyone else experience this when they first got their pair?

Have you tried it out of a proper amp and dac like the store probably did?

May 5, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,303 of 2,875

Do check if the cable is correctly (deep enough) plugged into headphones. Also, though it looks like you can plug it both ways (mic up or mic down) in my experience only one, correct way (mic up) works fine.

I know the effect your describing and it always happens when I wont insert cable jack all the way in.

You may also try connecting cable to the other cup.

May 5, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #2,304 of 2,875
Thanks everyone. Oddly, they do sound a little better with the plug in the right cup, but they do still sound a bit hollow and the sub-bass doesn't have the same impact I heard in the store. They just don't sound right, and lack depth and punch. I really hope they improve with burn in. In store, I was convinced they sounded better than my 770's, but comparing them at home right now I think the 770's better...leaving me afraid that I just wasted $250 :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #2,305 of 2,875
Thanks everyone. Oddly, they do sound a little better with the plug in the right cup, but they do still sound a bit hollow and the sub-bass doesn't have the same impact I heard in the store. They just don't sound right, and lack depth. I really hope they improve with burn in. In store, I was convinced they sounded better than my 770's, but comparing them at home right now I think the 770's better...leaving me afraid that I just wasted $250 :frowning2:

Surely the store has a return policy? You are sure that the cable is going in all the way... you can't push it a bit more?

May 5, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #2,306 of 2,875
Surely the store has a return policy? You are sure that the cable is going in all the way... you can't push it a bit more?
Yes, it is in as far as it can go. They do have a two week return policy. I suppose I will try to return them if I'm finding the same results after a week. It's just so strange my impression at the store was so different than what it is now.

May 5, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,307 of 2,875
k4syx is right: only way what you describe can happen is if the cable isn't properly seated in its plug

don't remember mines changing that much with burn-in and definitely... "hollow sounding" and "bass shy" (there's even too much of it for my taste) is very far away from what gen 2 H6 do sound
... unless you have a faulty pair :frowning2:

May 5, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #2,308 of 2,875
Yes, it is in as far as it can go. They do have a two week return policy. I suppose I will try to return them if I'm finding the same results after a week. It's just so strange my impression at the store was so different than what it is now.

Is the one you bought the exact headphone that you listened to in the store? Or, where you listening to a demo there and yours is new out of the box?

May 5, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #2,309 of 2,875
k4syx is right: only way what you describe can happen is if the cable isn't properly seated in its plug

don't remember mines changing that much with burn-in and definitely... "hollow sounding" and "bass shy" (there's even too much of it for my taste) is very far away from what gen 2 H6 do sound
... unless you have a faulty pair :frowning2:
Darn :frowning2: They don't sound FAULTY, but they do sound different compared to what I heard in the store. That's a shame. Also a little disappointing that they don't drive well off my MacBook. Phone drives them fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back