Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,281 of 2,875
Guys, I've made an interesting discovery about the pad situation on the H6. What I've done is combined the originals with some other slightly bigger pads I had lying around. I folded the larger pads over the top of the H6 pads but ensured the special grooves were forced all the way to the bank. Pics should explain what I'm on about.

This has got me into using these headphones again. I wonder if the round Brainwavz pads would do a similar thing?

IMG_20180409_220353.jpg
IMG_20180409_220426.jpg

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #2,282 of 2,875
Guys, I've made an interesting discovery about the pad situation on the H6. What I've done is combined the originals with some other slightly bigger pads I had lying around. I folded the larger pads over the top of the H6 pads but ensured the special grooves were forced all the way to the bank. Pics should explain what I'm on about.

This has got me into using these headphones again. I wonder if the round Brainwavz pads would do a similar thing?

Interesting! Are they more or less comfortable?

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #2,284 of 2,875
Interesting idea! The only pads I have on hand are for T50 type headphones or HD800, so probably not the most appropriate. In all cases (ZMF oval & ori, Dekoni T50 protein leather pads, Massdrop TX0 stock pads which I think are Brainwavz hybrids) I got some undesirable reflections causing sibilance/tinniness in vocals.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #2,286 of 2,875
How are the Khaled editions? Without combing through 150 pages of this, I vaguely recall mention that the overall sound suffered as a result of the bass boost. I'd love to have a boosted pair, but not at the expense of their beautiful sound.

Edit: I'm a big boy and used the search function... I decided to pass on this, as I'm quite pleased with my 1st gens, and the DJK edition seems to have lost that magic of the regular H6

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #2,287 of 2,875
How are the Khaled editions? Without combing through 150 pages of this, I vaguely recall mention that the overall sound suffered as a result of the bass boost. I'd love to have a boosted pair, but not at the expense of their beautiful sound.

Edit: I'm a big boy and used the search function... I decided to pass on this, as I'm quite pleased with my 1st gens, and the DJK edition seems to have lost that magic of the regular H6

Yeah, I haven't heard them. Comments said bass boost and more rolled-off highs. Tempting at that price, but I'm not trying to spend more money right now.

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2,290 of 2,875
Amazon review:
"I really wanted to like these headphones. They were stylish and seemed pretty sturdy. However, after a few hours of listening, they started to get a little glitchy. I began to hear DJ Khaled speaking to me through the headphones... he told me I was "smart," "loyal," and that he "appreciated that." Another annoying thing was that after I would finish listening to them and unplug the jack from my phone, I heard Khaled say "another one" through the headphones and his song "How many times" would start playing... even though it wasn't connected to anything!! I still can't figure out why all these things are happening. Anyway, these weird glitches with the headphones ruined them for me."

Hope this helps!

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #2,292 of 2,875
After 2 years of use almost atleast 15 hours weekly the shape of the pads of my headphones has flattened. When I first looked for reviews of H6 I saw one of the reviews mentioning that the sound changed from exciting to tired. (not the exact words !) When I got mine, I got one for my wife too as she also wanted to join me in the listening hobby. Unfortunately, she lost the interest and the headphones literally stayed in the closet for the last 2 years. Yesterday I took it out and listened, and yes the reviewer was right mine sounds slower less detailed, or differently detailed.(means highlight is on different details). So I swapped the pads and found the flattened pads were making the sound smoother on the old one. So all those bad reviewers who buy used headphones never listened to their potential ! Now I squeezed the pads of the regularly used ones to the shape of the ones in the closet. They now sound similar. At times look at the website and squeeze the pads to the original shape. The edges of a new one are sharper. With the stock shape, they sound fast, detailed, imaging is laser sharp. Flattening the pads rolls off highs, (there by) makes imaging vague and decays are slow. a quick test would be my favourite song Within by Daft punk.(with the same source) the poor padded one I could hardly hear the piano's sustain pedal in the opening few seconds of the song. With a new pad, its easily noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back