Balancing PS1000s, Edition 8s, Denon 7000s?
Apr 22, 2011 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rgs9200m

Headphoneus Supremus
Any suggestions for getting these balanced? I'm looking for a warmer sound, especially in the upper midrange.
If anyone has had experience balancing these (Grado PS1000s, Denon D7000s, or Ultrasone Edition 8s) I'd appreciate your findings.
I really enjoy my Aphrodite Cu29 balanced Beyer T1s, and I was thinking of balance the others.
Thanks in advance.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Can't answer you Markl question, I have no experience. As to balancing the D7000 I simply had mine reterminated with a 4 pin Nutrix plug. The stock cable is desent quality and carries the 4 required wires. 

May 1, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 8
I only have experience with the D7000 when it comes to balancing and Markl modding them. IMO do not Markl mod them as it makes them brighter and the mids seems to take a slight dip. Sure the bass becomes tighter but you trade some mids and the treble get a tiny bit sibilant. I've done this to a few D7000's and the results weren't good enough to justify doing it. I wouldn't do it if I owned a pair. I would sooner just put fiber loft inside the cups instead as it tightens the bass as well and makes the highs a tad smoother.

Balancing them on the other hand is really recommended. They seem to have more control in the highs and lows when balanced and the sound opens up more. 

Quote:
Any suggestions for getting these balanced? I'm looking for a warmer sound, especially in the upper midrange.
If anyone has had experience balancing these (Grado PS1000s, Denon D7000s, or Ultrasone Edition 8s) I'd appreciate your findings.
I really enjoy my Aphrodite Cu29 balanced Beyer T1s, and I was thinking of balance the others.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back