AZ Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth: September 10th 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #31 of 69
LATEST UPDATE 7/20/22: Peter from Audeze will be making an appearance at the meet, with headphones in tow!

Gear list updated 7/20/22.

It's been a while since covid mucked us up, but we're back, for reals! Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below. As you can see, the slate has been wiped clean... obviously, its been two long years!

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, raffle TBA.
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD TBA.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit.
Audeze: Peter from Audeze will be bringing select headphones to the meet.

Date & Time:
September 10th, 2022
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
TBA

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:

Yes, catering! This will most likely include bagels, danish, and muffins with orange juice and coffee in the morning, and a chip/dip platter in the afternoon, with some sort of chicken something as a more substantial offering. Watch this space.

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

TBA

Other gear (not final):
Headphones:
Abyss AB-1266 Phi
Audeze LCD2 Classic
Beyerdynamic DT880
Denon AHD2000 (wood cups, heavily modded)
Focal Clear
Fostex TH900
Fostex TH-X00 purplehearts
Hifiman HE6
Klipsch Heritage HP-3
Meze 99 Classics
Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee
Sennheiser HD650
Sony MDR-Z7
ZMF Aeolus
ZMF Ori

IEMS:
*crickets*

Headphone Amplifiers:
Riviera AIC-10 integrated
Schiit Folkvanger
SPL Phonitor XE

DACs:
Holo Audio Spring 3

DAC/amps:
Chord Mscaler > Chord TT2

Remember to post any gear you may be bringing!

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #38 of 69
Don't forget to add my Yggdrasil OG and Headamp GS-X mini to the gear list.

Believe it or not I've experienced the most noticable performance increase with the HD650 on Folkvangr. It actually gives them some low end thump.

Other headphones I've tried so far:
Grado SR325X - excellent performance, delightful with heavy metal
ZMF Aeolus - good, nothing special, nothing bad either
Beyerdynamic T1.2 - dark and intimate, really nice cymbals
Audio Technica W5000 - excellent, better timbre than I recall
Kennerton GH50 JM edition - crazy bass on high gain, low gain sounded very powerful and full, takes some getting used to

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #39 of 69
I will definitely attend! Look forward to seeing everyone!

I'll bring my Ultrasonic Citadel amp and Pontus 2 dac. For cans I'll probably bring my HD6XX, Modhouse Argons and Diana V2. I can also bring my Sparkos Aries if anyone wants to hear it; also if anyone wants to try different tubes from my stash, just let me know.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #40 of 69
Hey all, me again.

Just got off the phone with Don, the owner operator at acoustic designs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we are just fine. :relaxed: Don is a great guy and really wants to be involved with us. I welcome him with open arms. He literally is the ONLY headphone guy in the state, and we need that support in Arizona. There is 1 "other" guy who will remain nameless, but they only carry 1 make of headphone. Don is having a headphone event at his place in Scottsdale on Saturday August 27th from 10am-3pm. Go check him out. He'll also be at our meet with his gear so if you like something and you want to buy it, well now you can put a face to a name/business and feel comfortable doing it!!
Peace..............
Thanks for the free plug.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #42 of 69
Planning to attend the September event.

Bringing the usual.
EC Balancing Act
ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Senn HD-800
Denon D7000
Audeze LCD-1 Prototype

Status