AZ Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth: September 10th 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #61 of 69
How was it fellas? Anyone get any photos? The Lyr+ and LCD-5 sound like pretty cool new products that I'd love to hear more about from locals I trust.
Well, considering Don didn't show, there was no LCD-5, Stealth, etc. I set up next to the Schiit table since I had my Yggdrasil and Folkvangr there. I had the Grado 325X and Beyer T1.2 available for the FV and a lot of people were curious how their headphones would sound on it, so it was a popular spot.

I brought the HEDDphones again also and they seem to be popular. Brought Diana V2 also for comparison. Lots of interest and people trying the HEDD out with the HeadAmp GSX Mini.

I always forget to take pictures, but lets just say that participation was really low. I think we had more people @koover 's house.

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #62 of 69
I bet the FV sounds great! I wish I could have heard it. I'm still missing the last time I heard the HEDDphone. Some special sauce in those. Sorry to hear that it was a small turnout.

How are the 325X ? I haven't heard many of the newer ones. I owned the HF-2 for a short period and heard a few at @vinyl head 's place at the previous event he held. I wasn't able to make it to this most recent one.

Funch brought a custom amp didn't he? He has a knack for bringing synergistic setups.

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #63 of 69
Lyr/Bifrost combo was nice. Audeze rep was a no-show.

I believe there was some miscommunication between the parties involved regarding what our involvement would be. I would have liked to have been there but it wasn't possible on that date. At any rate, we would like to be able to support the Arizona community at future events, and will be in touch for the next one. My apologies that it didn't work out this time.

Sep 13, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #64 of 69
I believe there was some miscommunication between the parties involved regarding what our involvement would be. I would have liked to have been there but it wasn't possible on that date. At any rate, we would like to be able to support the Arizona community at future events, and will be in touch for the next one. My apologies that it didn't work out this time.
My apologies as well for the miscommunication. To be honest, I wasn't sure what was happening one way or the other.

Also, a friend of mine did take pictures: received_593779632477050.jpegreceived_1075448993331497.jpegreceived_1400580080454219.jpegreceived_3186741458304859.jpegreceived_643296603818636.jpegreceived_639445337746350.jpegreceived_1068628783798045.jpegreceived_1119164935696328.jpeg

Jan 23, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #66 of 69
If anyone is interested, I am giving away (yes free) my Magneplanar 12/QR speakers to someone in AZ that can pick them up and that will make a good home for them. They are both in great condition, but please note that while one is perfect, the other has a slight buzz at certain tones that has me listening to my other speakers more. Therefore my wife is screaming at me to get rid of them to make room so I am looking for someone that will love them as much as I do. There are Youtube videos on tuning up the Maggies with a little hot glue to fix such banding issues that doesn't look too hard, but I have not had time to engage. They sound great regardless. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• Maggies Back.jpg
    Maggies Back.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Maggies Front.jpg
    Maggies Front.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Maggies Pannel.jpg
    Maggies Pannel.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #67 of 69
If anyone is interested, I am giving away (yes free) my Magneplanar 1.7 speakers to someone in AZ that can pick them up and that will make a good home for them. They are both in great condition, but please note that while one is perfect, the other has a slight buzz at certain tones that has me listening to my other speakers more. Therefore my wife is screaming at me to get rid of them to make room so I am looking for someone that will love them as much as I do. There are Youtube videos on tuning up the Maggies with a little hot glue to fix such banding issues that doesn't look too hard, but I have not had time to engage. They sound great regardless. Let me know if you are interested.
Barra,
That's a very generous offer. I am Anthem as well, and would take them in a heartbeat, but my wife would beat me!! :wink:
No more speakers allowed in the house.... 22 installed so far :wink:))

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #68 of 69
Barra,
That's a very generous offer. I am Anthem as well, and would take them in a heartbeat, but my wife would beat me!! :wink:
No more speakers allowed in the house.... 22 installed so far :wink:))
Where are you at? I’m retired and have the time to get them. I was in the market for new speakers. I’ll take them if still available and you’re not in Yuma or something. Let me know in a PM. Thanks and that’s very generous.

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #69 of 69
Where are you at? I’m retired and have the time to get them. I was in the market for new speakers. I’ll take them if still available and you’re not in Yuma or something. Let me know in a PM. Thanks and that’s very generous.
I'm in Anthem. Will send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back