AZ Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth: September 10th 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 69
Wow. Just a few minutes from my home. New to the Head-Fi thing. Long time home HiFi enthusiast though. Will have to confirm my schedule and make sure I'm not on call that day. I don't have much to offer in terms of anything to bring other than my new portable set up. Meze Audio Advar and iFi xDSD Gryphon. My new found love of Head-Fi just started this week. Mother in Law moved in so can't crank up the home system everyday like I used to. So still have a lot to learn, but enjoying my current little setup more than I thought I would. These IEM impressed me so much I can see I will be needing some closed back headphones in the near future.
Welcome to the hobby and group! I would love to hear the Gryphon. The xCan really impressed me.

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 69
Hey all,

As an FYI, I am not bringing any gear to the event. This will be the 1st time I do this, but I'd prefer just to man the front table, handle the raffle along with food and beverage. I will just hang with you guys. BUT?......... I'll bring any one of the below listed headphones ONLY if someone wants to hear them. Even if it's 1 person. Let me know in this thread so I can list it above please.

Who else is coming? Need to ignite a spark here to see if we have more interest. I know there's a ton of people in AZ that are enthusiast. I can assure you, if you've never been to one of these meets, you'll be surprised how much of a good time you'll have. Plus, there's food. We look forward to seeing everyone. Hang loose..............................

Focal Clear
Klipsch Heritage (don't let the name Klipsch fool ya as this is a great V shaped HP)
ZMF Eoulos and Ori.
Audeze LCD2 classic
Meze 99 classic
Sony MDR Z7
Dennon AHD2000 (wood cups, heavily modded)
Sennheiser HD650 & HD58X Jubilee
Fostex TH-X00 purplehearts

Greg

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 69
Any chance we could invite Justin Weber from Ampsandsound? I believe he lives in a neighboring state and has attended (along with his wonderful amps) in the past.
I can make a call but no guarantees. There's a SoCal CanJam the following week so vender support for this meet will be next to impossible due to the calendar.

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 69
Hey all, me again.

Just got off the phone with Don, the owner operator at acoustic designs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we are just fine. :relaxed: Don is a great guy and really wants to be involved with us. I welcome him with open arms. He literally is the ONLY headphone guy in the state, and we need that support in Arizona. There is 1 "other" guy who will remain nameless, but they only carry 1 make of headphone. Don is having a headphone event at his place in Scottsdale on Saturday August 27th from 10am-3pm. Go check him out. He'll also be at our meet with his gear so if you like something and you want to buy it, well now you can put a face to a name/business and feel comfortable doing it!!
Peace..............

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #25 of 69
Hey all, me again.

Just got off the phone with Don, the owner operator at acoustic designs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we are just fine. :relaxed: Don is a great guy and really wants to be involved with us. I welcome him with open arms. He literally is the ONLY headphone guy in the state, and we need that support in Arizona. There is 1 "other" guy who will remain nameless, but they only carry 1 make of headphone. Don is having a headphone event at his place in Scottsdale on Saturday August 27th from 10am-3pm. Go check him out. He'll also be at our meet with his gear so if you like something and you want to buy it, well now you can put a face to a name/business and feel comfortable doing it!!
Peace..............
That's really great to hear. I was up there a few weeks ago and had a really nice time with him during my visit.

Jul 20, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #26 of 69
Hey all, me again.

Peace..............
@koover I only saw Audeze and Focal headphones on the website. Are those the only brands he carries? Not that there's anything wrong with those 2 brands, since I own pairs from both. I'd love to see him bring an LCD-5 to the meet.

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 69
@koover I only saw Audeze and Focal headphones on the website. Are those the only brands he carries? Not that there's anything wrong with those 2 brands, since I own pairs from both. I'd love to see him bring an LCD-5 to the meet.
He carries Focal, Audeze, Mr. Speakers/Dan Clark, Sennheiser, Grado and maybe one or two others I can't remember (small stuff).

See pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/czWfXjY

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #28 of 69
Jul 21, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #29 of 69

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back