AZ Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth: September 10th 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #46 of 69
Guys!... 2 1/2 weeks to go! I'm getting pumped! Still can't decide what headphones to bring. Decisions!

Aug 29, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #47 of 69
Updated the OP with information on catering at the meet! Coffee, cheese/fruit and chips/dip, iced tea, and chicken tenders and/or teriyaki skewers, much like last time.

Guys!... 2 1/2 weeks to go! I'm getting pumped! Still can't decide what headphones to bring. Decisions!

The good ones! Or whichever you'd like to try on different systems and schtuff.

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #49 of 69
Thought I'd jump in here to list what I'm bringing.
Amp - DIY Decware SE84 "25th Anniversary" clone (balanced output but have adapter)
DAC - Gungnir w/DAC chip XLR direct outputs aka 'Gumbreya'
Pi2AES w/Sigma 11 PS (hoping I can connect it to the hotel's WiFi)
Phones - HD800 modded/Dekoni pads w/DIY Cardas cable

Also putting together and active pre-amp using Decware output boards using 12AU7's in balanced config., feeding a pair of
Cinemag balanced-to-SE transformers, and mono Goldpoint 47 step attenuators (DIY versions of course). It's fed with a DIY dual mono power supply with tube regulators.

Also dragging along my two extensions with 4 outlets, cable bag, extra tubes, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #50 of 69
Ok, finally have the specs for our SchiitKit this time. Much more simple this time, just two rigs: Modi 3E > Loki Mini+ > Vali 2++, and then Bifrost 2/64 > Lyr+. No raffle this time, sadly.

We're cutting it a bit close to CanJam SoCal, but I'm 100% certain this meet will be 10000% more chillax lol. Look forward to seeing you guys there!

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #51 of 69
Ok, finally have the specs for our SchiitKit this time. Much more simple this time, just two rigs: Modi 3E > Loki Mini+ > Vali 2++, and then Bifrost 2/64 > Lyr+. No raffle this time, sadly.

We're cutting it a bit close to CanJam SoCal, but I'm 100% certain this meet will be 10000% more chillax lol. Look forward to seeing you guys there!

Bifrost and Lyr+ should be a great combo to check out. Both brand new products also!

I'll have my Yggdrasil OG and Folkvangr there for anyone curious about that combo as well. I'll be bringing my Grado 325x so anyone that's curious about Jason's claim that Grado's pair nicely with it, with impedance multiplier engaged, will see that he is spot on. Also bringing either HD650 or T1 as well. Both sound excellent on Folkvangr. Finally, if my ZMF pads come tomorrow, I'll be bringing the Elex with the new pads installed. ZMF has been releasing new pads for Zach's non-ZMF headphone choices and I'm really interested in seeing what effect they have on the Focal signature sound.

Sep 9, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #52 of 69
Well, Fedex failed me. Delivery of the Elex pads has been changed to Monday.

I think I'll bring the HEDDphone instead. It sounds really good with the GS-X Mini.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #53 of 69
I plan to be there at 10 AM, but sadly I have to leave by 2 PM. Birthday party for a family friend. Let's have a good time as it is. See you all there tomorrow!

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #56 of 69
As mental said, I also must pass on the meet today. Have fun guys and I will miss everyone’s company

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #58 of 69
Yes, we will miss you guys. 🥺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back