Awesome Mod: Use Shure Black Olive Foamies on Ultimate Ears Super.fi and/or Triple.fi
Sep 25, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #136 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnyhifi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, what I've found out is that the Shure olives are alright, sound better than stock but makes the soundstage too wide and unreal. It seems like there is sound coming from the left, right and the middle but nothing in between, this I found made it difficult to locate things.

For the last few months I've moved to the E2C Orange Foams. Soundstage is not quite as wide but there is much better distinction in location, it also cleans up the sound quite abit. They don't last as long and are more temperature sensitive but they make the UE SF5Pros sound much better than with any other tips.

The other thing to mention is that they are much easier to put on and are cheaper than the Olives
smily_headphones1.gif

Shure Orange Foams

i've been using shure orange foams for years now either my UEs, that's include super fi pro and eb, triple fi as well. very clear sounding tips. comply is very comfortable but it does make it sound very muddy.

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #137 of 139
Finally, got the guts to fit the tiny olive into my TF10.

Got a long nose (round) pilers. Stretch for 2-5 mins. 

When taking out from the pilers, use my thumbs and quickly "squeeze" into my TF10.

Not sure will I be able to take it out from my TF10. Read that it is quite tough and might damage the TF10.

Maybe when the tips get physically "spoilt" then I'll worry.

Enjoying the comfort fit of the shure olive tips now.

I must say, the isolation is definitely better. (I was using the comply TX-500)

Nov 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #138 of 139
I even fit a pair of Olives on my VModa Vibe IIs. Took some work but they are on there now.

Used the tip first onto large-ish needlenose method and jammed the tip on. Trying these over Comply T-400s. Less background noise at the gym I am sure. Good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back