AVOID! Please, for your hearing, stay away from iBasso DX50
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #77 of 177
  Screen is way too sensitive to the touch and when scrolling music, I end up inadvertently playing a track.
Other than those, no show stopping bugs.

This is a good example of having to get used to how something new works. I had the same problem with inadvertently playing a track when I wanted to scroll, but figured out that I was used to using a very "soft" touch while scrolling to keep from triggering playback and the DX-50 likes a firm touch while scrolling and a light tap to play. Now that I am used to it, it makes sense to me and I rarely trigger play when I want to scroll. So here's the question, is this a "feature" or a "bug"?
redface.gif

Depends on what you are used to and what makes intuitive sense TO YOU. But really, it's just how the DX-50 works and something to get used to.

This is an example of where a comprehensive e-manual explaning how the unit is designed to work would save Ibasso a lot of headaches, in my view...

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #78 of 177

This is a good example of having to get used to how something new works. I had the same problem with inadvertently playing a track when I wanted to scroll, but figured out that I was used to using a very "soft" touch while scrolling to keep from triggering playback and the DX-50 likes a firm touch while scrolling and a light tap to play. Now that I am used to it, it makes sense to me and I rarely trigger play when I want to scroll. So here's the question, is this a "feature" or a "bug"?
redface.gif

Depends on what you are used to and what makes intuitive sense TO YOU. But really, it's just how the DX-50 works and something to get used to.

This is an example of where a comprehensive e-manual explaning how the unit is designed to work would save Ibasso a lot of headaches, in my view...

It is a bug.  Seriously, I have the same problems.  I have many DAPs and none exhibits the same touchscreen sensitivity (in a bad way) as the DX50.

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #79 of 177

It is a bug.  Seriously, I have the same problems.  I have many DAPs and none exhibits the same touchscreen sensitivity (in a bad way) as the DX50.

But then again, to me the DX-50 works "right", light tap to play, firm drag on screen to scroll. So you can't make everyone happy, I guess.

Kevin

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #80 of 177
  is this a "feature" or a "bug"?
redface.gif

It's irritating !

I've never used a screen quite so sensitive - even the DX100 is better 

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #81 of 177
"Damaged my hearing" LOL try firing off whole 20-round magazines from an AR-15 without protection like I did many times, and then you'll start to damage your hearing. I can still hear clear up to 17.5 KHz, despite this.

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #82 of 177
"Damaged my hearing" LOL try firing off whole 20-round magazines from an AR-15 without protection like I did many times, and then you'll start to damage your hearing. I can still hear clear up to 17.5 KHz, despite this.

I fail to see how your disregard for the potential damage you inflected upon yourself is in any way relevant to OP's concern for the potential harm caused through no fault of his own.

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #83 of 177
Yeah and last time I put my head in the oven and I was only partially burned so honestly I do not know what the guy is complaining about !

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #84 of 177
Originally Posted by Dzhozef

Originally Posted by In Over My Head /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I fail to see how your disregard for the potential damage you inflected upon yourself is in any way relevant to OP's concern for the potential harm caused through no fault of his own.

Maybe because 20-round magazines from an AR-15 without protection are far louder than a DAP and a pair of iem's?

But there is a solution right hear and now for this issue if it worries you. If you must adjust the volume while listening to a track, pause the player, adjust the volume, make sure it stopped where you want, and unpause the player.

Yes, I understand that Ibasso should (and, if they can replicate the problem, probably is trying to) fix the problem. But till then, please no whining that "I shouldn't have to do that" if it really worries you. I have never had the "fade to max" problem myself, but not too worried either way...

Kevin

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #86 of 177

But then again, to me the DX-50 works "right", light tap to play, firm drag on screen to scroll. So you can't make everyone happy, I guess.

Kevin

We may have a deviation from your player & mine.  I'm from the first batch and I notice that our units tend to have more problems.  I'm glad you are happy with yours though but, none of my others player exhibits this much of bugs.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #87 of 177
I cannot be 100% certain the bug is patched, however, I've not experienced the volume bug since updating back to v1.2.

I know some work was done on the volume section because it reacts faster, elevates smoother, times out quicker back to the play screen.

There have been two occasions where it looked like it was going to start bugging, (after all the other times I'd picked up on it) but all that happens instead now is the volume doesn't react for a spilt second and continues on normally after a very brief moment of unresponsiveness. So I'm crossing my fingers the whole volume section has been rebuilt in v1.2 update. I'll keep a close eye on it and wait many weeks before 100% confirming, but it's giving me the impression it's stabilized (so far)

I see another member reported a page or so back his has not had it happen since updating either. 

Quote:
I had the volume thing happen to me several times but it hasn't occurred since 1.2.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #88 of 177

We may have a deviation from your player & mine.  I'm from the first batch and I notice that our units tend to have more problems.  I'm glad you are happy with yours though but, none of my others player exhibits this much of bugs.

I doubt there is any difference in design between yours and mine once the firmwear is at the same level, but who knows? I had more bugs with my early version Ipod and my Cowan J-3 than my DX-50, but there you go. My sanza clip was always pretty good, however.

Kevin

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #89 of 177

I doubt there is any difference in design between yours and mine once the firmwear is at the same level, but who knows? I had more bugs with my early version Ipod and my Cowan J-3 than my DX-50, but there you go. My sanza clip was always pretty good, however.

Kevin

P.S. Don't know why this posted twice. Actually, I have had more bugs with the Headfi site than ANY DAP, LOL.

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #90 of 177

Maybe because 20-round magazines from an AR-15 without protection are far louder than a DAP and a pair of iem's?

But there is a solution right hear and now for this issue if it worries you. If you must adjust the volume while listening to a track, pause the player, adjust the volume, make sure it stopped where you want, and unpause the player.

Yes, I understand that Ibasso should (and, if they can replicate the problem, probably is trying to) fix the problem. But till then, please no whining that "I shouldn't have to do that" if it really worries you. I have never had the "fade to max" problem myself, but not too worried either way...

Kevin

O.K. So somebody who is harmed through fair use of a product has no cause for complaint, because there are other people engage in reckless (and unrelated) behaviour that places them at even greater risk.

The solution you suggest is fine, but it should be included in the (non-existent) instruction manual of the device to prevent harm arising out of unsafe use. Moreover, given the potential for serious permanent harm, there should be a warning on the packaging, if not the device itself.

The issue, is not that people 'shouldn't have to' adopt your solution, it is they should be aware of the problem and its potential consequences, and know how to operate the device safely, prior to event that jeopardises their health or safety.

Disclaimer: I don't own a DX50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back