Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #481 of 3,454
I'm a bit confused by the rewards listed on the Kickstarter page. For instance, I had been under the impression that once the stretch goal for the TiN coating was reached it would be an option for all the backers but the way it looks on Kickstater is the first 250 backers, the ones that got in at $99 and $129, would have to up their pledge to $149 to get the limited edition TiN version, is this right?

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #483 of 3,454
  I'm a bit confused by the rewards listed on the Kickstarter page. For instance, I had been under the impression that once the stretch goal for the TiN coating was reached it would be an option for all the backers but the way it looks on Kickstater is the first 250 backers, the ones that got in at $99 and $129, would have to up their pledge to $149 to get the limited edition TiN version, is this right?

I believe that is incorrect.  If that was correct, it'd be disappointing.  I think it just meant that all Kickstarter models are eligible for the TiN finish.  Those that haven't purchased yet can get it with the 150 dollar pledge while the others just have to specify it when they send shipping info, etc.  I could be wrong on this though. 

Might be helpful if Dale clears this up I guess. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #484 of 3,454

I believe that is incorrect.  If that was correct, it'd be disappointing.  I think it just meant that all Kickstarter models are eligible for the TiN finish.  Those that haven't purchased yet can get it with the 150 dollar pledge while the others just have to specify it when they send shipping info, etc.  I could be wrong on this though. 

It's just kind of odd, this is the first time I've paid much attention to a Kickstarter campaign so I can't say I'm overly familiar with the ins and outs of the process. Something else I noticed is it doesn't seem like there's much option for early backers to get any package deals.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #485 of 3,454

the TiN option is available to all backers including the early birds and earlier birds. After campaign ends the survey will be sent out and you just have to add in the comments your choice without the need to pay extra.
The additional pledge is just an easier display option as they are unable to edit/change existing pledge. Even if you choose the non TiN $149 pledge, you still can fill in the comments on your TiN preference at the end.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #486 of 3,454
You can opt into the TiN coating at any pledge level as per the 80k goal. The $150 option is probably for people who just want to make the selection now rather than through a survey. I believe Dale has said this somewhere...

I believe Dale said you could add $25 to any pledge level for the T-Shirt. However that is not true for the waterproof case, though I do hope he'll allow the same for that. He would have to provide clarification for that.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #487 of 3,454
I noticed a bunch of questions about the TiN option reading through the last few posts. I just saw the answer on the kickstarter page, so I posted it below.

$149: Ltd Ed. TiN ROCKETS - This reward is for people who have not backed the project yet. If you are a backer already and want the TiN finish, you just have to tell us that on the survey we will send out at the end of the campaign. You do not have to change your reward selection.

And yes, we have decided to make the TiN finish a limited edition, Kickstarter only option!

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285259404/aurisonics-rockets-next-gen-iems-made-in-usa/posts

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #489 of 3,454
  i can't work out how that case works with the elastic bands
i don't like the idea of velcro, i find that a bit annoying

Oh thank you! I thought I was the only one being confused. 
redface.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #491 of 3,454
We are looking at a few options but want to keep it small. What we posted is an idea. We are still open to input in the case.

Just gonna throw this out there and say that in my opinion, the classic circular Shure case with the winding column in the middle was the best IEM case made. Rugged, compact, and practical. I suppose they quit making them as IEM housings got larger, remotes, so on... but with these new compact microdriver IEMs being released, someone ought to come up with a small, functional hardcase again...

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #492 of 3,454
  ......the classic circular Shure case with the winding column in the middle was the best IEM case made. Rugged, compact, and practical. I suppose they quit making them as IEM housings got larger, remotes, so on... but with these new compact microdriver IEMs being released, someone ought to come up with a small, functional hardcase again...

I assume you were referring to the EA622 :

That is a good but simple and cost effective design: drivers are well protected and the cord just winded around the cup. Personally I'd like an all-in-one solution: a rectangular/foldable one with space for a DAP and the Rockets with winder on the other side.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #493 of 3,454

I assume you were referring to the EA622 :
[...]
That is a good but simple and cost effective design: drivers are well protected and the cord just winded around the cup. Personally I'd like an all-in-one solution: a rectangular/foldable one with space for a DAP and the Rockets with winder on the other side.

That's the one - did not know it had a model name... good to know!
The 'whole package' approach makes sense for those who are carrying DAPs... Hadn't occurred to me as I only carry my phone, making that aspect of such a case extraneous and wasteful. Seems like two markets, irreconcilable in one case, which is fine... but I'll always vote for the smaller choice! :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #494 of 3,454
  That's the one - did not know it had a model name... good to know!
The 'whole package' approach makes sense for those who are carrying DAPs... Hadn't occurred to me as I only carry my phone, making that aspect of such a case extraneous and wasteful. Seems like two markets, irreconcilable in one case, which is fine... but I'll always vote for the smaller choice! :)

I'd personally have something similar to the EA622 pictured above over something that also held a DAC (as I personally use a phone, most consumers do as well).  Even further, I'd rather have something small and thin.  The mockup that I saw on Kickstarter is actually a very good design IMO.  It's compact and clips using a carabiner. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back