Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #436 of 3,454
Another 20k plus to reach ear guides? I hope we get there but I won't be holding my breath.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #437 of 3,454
  No its not that easy. There are no contact points to hold in the ear doing that.

What if the tri-tabs is fitted in the ear as well while the tubing extends a bit out and curved shortly around the ear?
That could eliminate the other 2 piece loops inside the ear?

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #438 of 3,454

What if the tri-tabs is fitted in the ear as well while the tubing extends a bit out and curved shortly around the ear?
That could eliminate the other 2 piece loops inside the ear?

Tri-Tabs don't hold in an upward condition. They grab the inside of the lower part of the ear. Nothing to grab the other way.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #439 of 3,454
  Tri-Tabs don't hold in an upward condition. They grab the inside of the lower part of the ear. Nothing to grab the other way.

Thanks, that explains the condition of the loop. How about with the tri-tabs supporting the bottom and if the tubing loop is light and curved upward around the ear, will it be stable and steady enough to hold in place as the curved tube around the ear would provide the support for the top part?

If following the design in the picture, as different ears are sized differently will that affect the 2 tube loops in the ear? will there be 3 size sets provided?

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #440 of 3,454

Not good... this means my "quest for the over-the-ear Rockets" is still alive and kicking!
 Or I'd have to get used to wearing IEMs as most people... 
tongue.gif

$20k in 10 days. Still hoping!

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #441 of 3,454
Another 20k plus to reach ear guides? I hope we get there but I won't be holding my breath.

Not good... this means my "quest for the over-the-ear Rockets" is still alive and kicking!
 Or I'd have to get used to wearing IEMs as most people... :p  

$20k in 10 days. Still hoping!

well so far the current trend I'm seeing is $3k increase per day, so there is still a chance.. and plus the inclusion of the package deal now, maybe some will jump over and increase the funding too :)

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #442 of 3,454
You can wear the Rockets up it down without the tri-tabs or antiloop. But if you want assurance they won't fall out during activity, then the tabs and loop are the ticket.

Interested to hear more on the antiloop and how it works with different ear shapes. Cool design!

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #444 of 3,454
You can wear the Rockets up it down without the tri-tabs or antiloop. But if you want assurance they won't fall out during activity, then the tabs and loop are the ticket.

Interested to hear more on the antiloop and how it works with different ear shapes. Cool design!

Not sure if I understood you correctly...

You mean remove the tri-tabs (and antiloop) and use the Rockets that way? I didn't even know it was possible to use without the tri-tabs. Are you sure they would stay put and even provide an adequate seal?

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #448 of 3,454
  A few questions:
What kinds of tips are included and how many?

I'm really looking for something with a mic. Would it be worth it to get these and sell them to get a mic'd version when it's out? What is the resale value like on other Aurisonics products?

You're asking people to speculate on the value of a product that's not even officially a product yet vs. a product that's merely not been released yet? And also, for the resale value of a product that hasn't been released yet? How do you expect people to know these things? You can decide what's more important to you — a mic, or not waiting for something that may not even come to fruition. Nobody else can.

As for tips, I believe the kickstarter page has the answer.

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #449 of 3,454
OT: gotta say though, KT has a great username. Awesome to see another KV fan around here. So it goes :wink:.

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #450 of 3,454
Dang, not hanging around headfi much these days made me miss this whole announcement. I miss my ASG-2 so maybe after I read this whole thread ill get back in the Aurisonics family. I do have $179 to burn... and I do want a snazzy t-shirt. I wish there was a headfi special edition sparkly purple one or something though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back