Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #331 of 3,454
Didn't expect such detailed feedback, thanks!! Very interested in other ideas and in seeing what the AS guys come up with.

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #333 of 3,454
Yeah, I kind of hoped these would be easy easy to use, comfortable, and easy to like as the X10... with considerably better durability and overall SQ. It sounds like AS will deliver, but I can't wait for the opportunity to decide for myself :wink:

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #335 of 3,454
  Can I make a simple request that a cable cinch / cable tie be included in the package ?
Having one of them would make it real neat when not in use

with retractable carabiner:

for heavy duty with headphone storage (see symbol on the left):

or just like this:

In titanium will do
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #336 of 3,454
I think the carry case should definitely have some thought put into it.

UE has had good success in the past thinking up ways to incorporate tip storage, cleaning loop storage, 3.5-6.3 adapter storage, etc. into its custom boxes as well as its UE900 case. They went through several evolutions to come up with the solutions that they have now.

Personally, I'm also a fan of the way FitEar's cloth semi-hard storage case is done; it's a simple nylon case, but it has a hard cylinder of hard impact foam in the middle to prevent the case from being crushed. Since it's cylindrical, it also aids in cord winding. So, even though the UE roadie case is tougher, I carry the UERM inside the FitEar case.

Solutions don't have to be tailor fit or bombproof, but they should be practical, useful (can't be so pretty no one uses it), and modular. Even if people end up storing other earphones inside the case, it'll be a win for AS, as their logo is on the outside.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #338 of 3,454
Jan 16, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #339 of 3,454

Funny I never heard that before... LOL  He actually sounds like me! I sat one table over from Bill and Sir Richard Branson at a Starkey event a few months back but SS would not let me near him. I wanted so much to ask him why he has been going around impersonating my voice for years?  

Or vice versa 
tongue.gif

I'd pay good money to hear Dale say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #342 of 3,454

Nobody stated there won't be a mic/remote option

Too many types of phones and protocols and certifications to do something up to our standards in short order. It can take 6 months or more to get MFI certification alone. Since this is a kickstarter campaign and we do not want to delay rewards we will skip the mic until we can do it correctly.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #345 of 3,454
From the Kickstarter page

SureSeal™ replaceable tips - 1 pack of 4 different sizes; Small, Medium, Medium PLUS, Large...

...We went through thousands of CT scans to engineer our new tips and realized that in general, there are 4 different ear canal shape and sizes. We’ve designed our tips to accommodate that difference and have developed 4 anthropomorphically engineered sizes for a better fit and seal.

These tips are manufactured in-house at Aurisonics. They are made of super soft, medical grade silicone material, and feature a proprietary shape for superior fit, seal and comfort.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back