Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #303 of 3,454
  I'm curious as well -- if it's a slick looking clip on for the cable such that the mic/remote is on a bluetooth accessory that meshes nearly seamlessly with the headphones and the audio routes through the IEMs I'm game.  If it's something akin to a waterproof Jabra earpiece for $50 I'll pass.

If the remote and mic clips onto the cable properly, Aurisonics can sell that on its own as an addon accessory to convert any product into a mic'd product as it would be able to clip onto any cable (so long as the cable was thick enough). That would be something to work with as its own standalone product then. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #307 of 3,454
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the address that it will be delivered to? I might not be the address I gave by the time these are ready to be shipped.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #309 of 3,454
  If the remote and mic clips onto the cable properly, Aurisonics can sell that on its own as an addon accessory to convert any product into a mic'd product as it would be able to clip onto any cable (so long as the cable was thick enough). That would be something to work with as its own standalone product then. 

Many such products already exist. I own two (a cheap generic one and one from Jabra). I don't use either. I also own a BBX (BT as part of the headset, with a cable that can be shortened to get out of the way) and use it all the time. A better BBX is what I would pay for.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #310 of 3,454

Many such products already exist. I own two (a cheap generic one and one from Jabra). I don't use either. I also own a BBX (BT as part of the headset, with a cable that can be shortened to get out of the way) and use it all the time. A better BBX is what I would pay for.

That remote and mic can be completely detached from the cable?  In other words, it's in two separate pieces and would function on it's own solely as a remote and mic (not a headset; just input, no output)? That's what I'm talking about, not an adjustable cable, with the way Aurisonics worded it, it doesn't seem like the remote+mic is permanently attached to the cable, rather a separate addon. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #311 of 3,454

That remote and mic can be completely detached from the cable?  In other words, it's in two separate pieces and would function on it's own solely as a remote and mic (not a headset; just input, no output)? That's what I'm talking about, not an adjustable cable, with the way Aurisonics worded it, it doesn't seem like the remote+mic is permanently attached to the cable, rather a separate addon. 

Yep. That's what I got as well. It's either that or a headset earpiece. I am definitely not interested in the latter. Would be cool if it's a separate attachment piece that you clip to the cable. That would be pretty cool.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #312 of 3,454
  That remote and mic can be completely detached from the cable?  

No. That's what I said: It's a BT headset, not just earphones plugged into a BT module. Such modules aren't uncommon:
  1. SBH20
  2. BH121
  3. Jabra Clipper (I've got that one)
  4. BH600 (at least that one has big, easy-to-feel-by-touch buttons)

You still have to deal with a clip and a long cable. From experience, the BBX is a lot more practical.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #313 of 3,454

No. That's what I said: It's a BT headset, not just earphones plugged into a BT module. Such modules aren't uncommon:
  1. SBH20
  2. BH121
  3. Jabra Clipper (I've got that one)
  4. BH600 (at least that one has big, easy-to-feel-by-touch buttons)

You still have to deal with a clip and a long cable. From experience, the BBX is a lot more practical.

That's also not what I'm talking about XD.  The BT module would be completely separate from the headphones, your headphones don't plug into them, and don't need to.  Your headphones connect directly into the device.  The remote and mic would look similar to a standard 3-button remote and mic you'd find on a pair of headphones (your JayBirds' for example), and have a clip/notch on them (preferably two) and clip midway into the cable, or your shirt if you wanted to, but not connect to the headphones through any electrical circuit.  The audio would come out of the headphone jack (of your source, the BT module doesn't have a headphone jack), the BT module would request access to be a remote and an audio input device, not output.  All 4 devices you listed there request to be audio output and input.  The device wouldn't be able to stream music, just act as a remote and a mic. 

That was what was in my mind.  What you linked to are close to it, but not quite what I had in mind. 

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #314 of 3,454
  That was what was in my mind.  What you linked to are close to it, but not quite what I had in mind. 

Ah, I understand now. Yes, it could work.

What I dream of, as a BT headset, is something like the BBX, but with removable cables (to be able to get exactly the length I want and to make repairs easier) and even better sound and ergonomics. No, wait, what I dream of, even though it isn't currently possible, is two separate earpieces, without cable, capable of hi-fi stereo reproduction.

This said, I do realize that something like the BBX would be a completely different product from the current Rocket, and thus not in the cards for the near future. But if the Rocket's driver is really that good, I'd love to see it implemented in something akin to the BBX.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #315 of 3,454

Ah, I understand now. Yes, it could work.

What I dream of, as a BT headset, is something like the BBX, but with removable cables (to be able to get exactly the length I want and to make repairs easier) and even better sound and ergonomics. No, wait, what I dream of, even though it isn't currently possible, is two separate earpieces, without cable, capable of hi-fi stereo reproduction.

This said, I do realize that something like the BBX would be a completely different product from the current Rocket, and thus not in the cards for the near future. But if the Rocket's driver is really that good, I'd love to see it implemented in something akin to the BBX.

Koss tried something that's fully wireless without a cable, they are two earpieces...  They are capable of Hi-Fi stereo reproduction (work over WiFi, which is capable of that).  The thing is, they look a little weird on the ears.  Check out the Koss Striva Tap...  It doesn't look like they are in stock though :/ 

Now, I think you also want the BBX to be smaller as well, right, which is why you'd like a micro-driver to power it.  FYI, microdrivers are not new, MEElectronics used one in their CC51 a long while back, those were actually really good headphones IMO.  The thing that is making them large is the battery and electronics.  Right now, I do have a pair of MEE Metro which aren't bad by any means.  They use the same form factor as the Jaybirds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back