Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #271 of 3,454
  Any direct in ear where the cable couples to a housing and has no point to dissipate energy from microphonics to your shirt or head first will of course have it. ROCKETS will have some microphonics. We ,however, have added a layer of conductive PVC in the cable to dissipate the small charge generated by a cable when it is flexing. This charge generally causes some microphonics. Having been dissipated by our cable that part is reduced. The cable is pretty soft to be as durable as it is and that helps with microphonics as well. The Y in the cable has a feature to attach it to your clothing nicely which can also help dissipate cable microphonics.

So yes some microphonics to be expected but we did a lot to reduce it as you can see from the above.

It seems you guys have put a lot of work into the cable. I'k curious how you'll implement the remote without undoing the progress you've made. I wonder if it can be integrated into the current Y-split, with the wiring going down an extra layer of sleeving. That way, the remote circuitry and audio circuitry are separate from each other. The idea wood probably need a lot of refinement, but it could be a way of keeping the integrity of the original design.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #272 of 3,454

It seems you guys have put a lot of work into the cable. I'k curious how you'll implement the remote without undoing the progress you've made. I wonder if it can be integrated into the current Y-split, with the wiring going down an extra layer of sleeving. That way, the remote circuitry and audio circuitry are separate from each other. The idea wood probably need a lot of refinement, but it could be a way of keeping the integrity of the original design.

We have some ideas on the mic/controls. It is really hard add it to the current design without losing the overall integrity of the design. We have some meetings with some vendors at CES this week and I am sure we can come up with something once we see what control circuit we go with. Like your idea though... Ideas for the mic/controls are welcome please chime in all.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #273 of 3,454
  We have some ideas on the mic/controls. It is really hard add it to the current design without losing the overall integrity of the design. We have some meetings with some vendors at CES this week and I am sure we can come up with something once we see what control circuit we go with. Like your idea though... Ideas for the mic/controls are welcome please chime in all.

If you could get the mic to still be responsive at that area, that's not a bad idea at all, there are quite a few companies that do this.  There are also some companies that split off the remote and mic portions onto two separate parts of the cable by placing a smaller mic up top (for a more responsive mic) and keeping the controls down below (for IEMs typically in the y-split).  That might complicate things a bit though.  

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #274 of 3,454
Going with Eke's idea, maybe separate out the mic and the controls. Controls on Y-Split and mic on the cable. That would reduce the footprint along the cable and maybe/hopefully increase durability.

Personally, I don't even want the mic, just a 3-Button remote haha.

Edit: beaten to the punch. Good job TM.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #275 of 3,454

Crap. *would.

*would
*would

$40k/year doctorate education undermined by autocorrect on a tableg.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #276 of 3,454
Crap. *would.

*would
*would

$40k/year doctorate education undermined by autocorrect on a tableg.

Interesting... What is the tableg you speak of?

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #277 of 3,454
Going with Eke's idea, maybe separate out the mic and the controls. Controls on Y-Split and mic on the cable. That would reduce the footprint along the cable and maybe/hopefully increase durability.

Personally, I don't even want the mic, just a 3-Button remote haha.

Edit: beaten to the punch. Good job TM.

LOL, Ninja'd.  A mic does come in handy if you actually have a phone.  Have used mine on more than one occasion now...  Pulling off your gloves when it's -15 out (not including a -35 degree wind chill) just to answer the phone really sucks!  I actually do like that design a lot (if I don't have the IEM cable slipped under my shirt XD).  

Tablegs are awesome!  You don't have one?!  You must get yourself a Tableg! 

____

One more note for Dale...  Please, please, please separate out the buttons a little bit (if it's multi-button/3-button) and make them be able to be felt blindly.  I cannot count the amount of times I've double pressed the center button of my P7 just to also raise the volume two notches, so annoying XD  When I was testing the MS500 Bridge, I couldn't find the button with my fingers (got worse when I put on gloves), also annoying.  

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #278 of 3,454

damn.

If you could get the mic to still be responsive at that area, that's not a bad idea at all, there are quite a few companies that do this.  There are also some companies that split off the remote and mic portions onto two separate parts of the cable by placing a smaller mic up top (for a more responsive mic) and keeping the controls down below (for IEMs typically in the y-split).  That might complicate things a bit though.  

I love this idea too. Then comes the Issue of shielding the mic from sweat and the like. The rockets are marketed as a lifestyle item, so it would ne good not for a component to die during use. As FR integrating the mic and remote into the jack, It would obviously require a new jack.

Yeah this is stretch goal material for sure if Dale n crew are to pull tis off. I'd pay (from the consumer perspective) MAX $50 extra for a perfectly executed system. And this is someone who forks $100 to apple for each additional 16gb of space.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #279 of 3,454

damn.

I love this idea too. Then comes the Issue of shielding the mic from sweat and the like. The rockets are marketed as a lifestyle item, so it would ne good not for a component to die during use. As FR integrating the mic and remote into the jack, It would obviously require a new jack.

Yeah this is stretch goal material for sure if Dale n crew are to pull tis off. I'd pay (from the consumer perspective) MAX $50 extra for a perfectly executed system. And this is someone who forks $100 to apple for each additional 16gb of space.

Putting a mic (and remote) into the jack?  No clue how the heck that would work...  Might as well pull the phone out at that point :p  JK, I know what you meant.  Yeah, he'd have to design a new y-split.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #280 of 3,454
  Any direct in ear where the cable couples to a housing and has no point to dissipate energy from microphonics to your shirt or head first will of course have it. ROCKETS will have some microphonics. We ,however, have added a layer of conductive PVC in the cable to dissipate the small charge generated by a cable when it is flexing. This charge generally causes some microphonics. Having been dissipated by our cable that part is reduced. The cable is pretty soft to be as durable as it is and that helps with microphonics as well. The Y in the cable has a feature to attach it to your clothing nicely which can also help dissipate cable microphonics.

So yes some microphonics to be expected but we did a lot to reduce it as you can see from the above.

Excellent news 
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #281 of 3,454
LOL, Ninja'd.  A mic does come in handy if you actually have a phone.  Have used mine on more than one occasion now...  Pulling off your gloves when it's -15 out (not including a -35 degree wind chill) just to answer the phone really sucks!  I actually do like that design a lot (if I don't have the IEM cable slipped under my shirt XD).  

I was literally in this situation as you typed this. I used a different design choice to solve this problem. I let it ring.

Funny enough, when I tried to type tableg on purpose the first time, it tried to correct it to "tablet."

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #282 of 3,454
I was literally in this situation as you typed this. I used a different design choice to solve this problem. I let it ring.
Funny enough, when I tried to type tableg on purpose the first time, it tried to correct it to "tablet."

Well, in this case, the call couldn't really wait...  Friend was calling to tell me he was around the block (and already running late for the movie)...  I was shoveling a driveway at the time...  Those moments were useful...  

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #284 of 3,454
In the Aurisonics range are these "officially" positioned below the ASG-1?
The price point is lower, but I saw someone state they sound better than the ASG1, ASG2 and IE800. I'm curious how better in regards to soundstage, lows, mids and highs.
So I'm wondering what is the difference in sound tuning of the Rockets vs ASG-2.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #285 of 3,454
Personally I prefer plain IEM without mic and controls cause i rarely use my IEM with my phone and i don't like the extra weight of the remote unit.
I'm not sure if someone else have said it but how about two versions, 1 with and 1 without mic + remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back