Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #19 of 3,454
  No, you guys have it all wrong. It's OBVIOUSLY some sort of  deep sea exploration device, as evidenced by the oxygen line going into the engine compartment, and the revolutionary clear propulsion system. It also seems to be inspired by the male anatomy as well, given the strikingly phallic shape of the main body that gives rise to two distinct projections.

I can't wait to put it in my ears.

this would clearly involve a different kind of seal.......

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #23 of 3,454
everything is on their pinterest page
5.1mm dynamic driver, kevlar cable, titanium shell
they have a kickstarter but retail should be $250

$200 in US dollars will be the retail price.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #27 of 3,454
Yes $249 is going to be the retail price after the kickstarter program.

I've been on a road trip today and got a chance to stop by the new Aurisonics headquarters on the way. Dale was gracious enough to let me listen to the 2 different tunings they are deciding on for the Rockets.

These little Rockets are pretty cool. The titanium housings are super tiny and practically indestructible. Add to that the newly designed Kevlar cable and it is an awesomely rugged, miniature iem with an ingenious method for keeping it in the ear.

Of the 2 signatures I heard, I preferred the one with the flatter FR, in comparison to the other, which was a little more bass boosted, but both are midcentric. It sounded great to me. Very smooth, very good mids/vocals and treble that is missing the peaks of the asg-2, so it's smoother, easier to listen to for longer periods.

It's also not very sensitive. I could get it loud enough on my iPhone but it's low sensitivity is great for amp usage, especially the violectric 800/200 stack I listened to them through. I really didn't need to hear it through that stack; now I want a Vio stack.

I'm pretty impressed with the tiny 5.1mm driver. Frankly, I prefer the Rockets to the asg-1, asg-2 and the ie800. I'll be jumping on the kickstarter program.

I also got to see the new ciem cables Dale is making. They are awesome too. Very robust and durable but very flexible at the same time (made with Kevlar as well, if I'm not mistaken). The part that goes over the ears is pre-shaped, so it doesn't use memory wire but has a permanent ear shaped memory that's pretty much perfect. I think he's going to use SPC but may make some silver ones as well. Based on the prototype I saw, this is going to be my new benchmark in cable quality.

I could have hung out all day but needed to get back on the road. Big thanks to Dale for letting me hang out for a little while and my family for being patient on a long road trip.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #28 of 3,454
Yes $249 is going to be the retail price after the kickstarter program.

I've been on a road trip today and got a chance to stop by the new Aurisonics headquarters on the way. Dale was gracious enough to let me listen to the 2 different tunings they are deciding on for the Rockets.

These little Rockets are pretty cool. The titanium housings are super tiny and practically indestructible. Add to that the newly designed Kevlar cable and it is an awesomely rugged, miniature iem with an ingenious method for keeping it in the ear.

Of the 2 signatures I heard, I preferred the one with the flatter FR, in comparison to the other, which was a little more bass boosted, but both are midcentric. It sounded great to me. Very smooth, very good mids/vocals and treble that is missing the peaks of the asg-2, so it's smoother, easier to listen to for longer periods.

It's also not very sensitive. I could get it loud enough on my iPhone but it's low sensitivity is great for amp usage, especially the violectric 800/200 stack I listened to them through. I really didn't need to hear it through that stack; now I want a Vio stack.

I'm pretty impressed with the tiny 5.1mm driver. Frankly, I prefer the Rockets to the asg-1, asg-2 and the ie800. I'll be jumping on the kickstarter program.

I also got to see the new ciem cables Dale is making. They are awesome too. Very robust and durable but very flexible at the same time (made with Kevlar as well, if I'm not mistaken). The part that goes over the ears is pre-shaped, so it doesn't use memory wire but has a permanent ear shaped memory that's pretty much perfect. I think he's going to use SPC but may make some silver ones as well. Based on the prototype I saw, this is going to be my new benchmark in cable quality.

I could have hung out all day but needed to get back on the road. Big thanks to Dale for letting me hang out for a little while and my family for being patient on a long road trip.

Well that sucks for my wallet. Nice stuff sgs. Any indication of which way this tuning will go or if there will be a choice?

Few quick questions:
Shallow insertion?
Potential lack of strain relief issues?
Any annoyances with insertion or removal?
Targeted market?

It is a very nifty design. And I am in favor of anything inspired by rockets.

Aaand launch website is down?

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #30 of 3,454

Users who are viewing this thread

Back