Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #46 of 3,454
What do you mean "Thick Accent"... LOL Yeah I know not something I can help growing up in the deep south swamp lands of Louisiana... My wife is Cajun and man can she cook...

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #47 of 3,454
  What do you mean "Thick Accent"... LOL Yeah I know not something I can help growing up in the deep south swamp lands of Louisiana... My wife is Cajun and man can she cook...

That accent is something to be proud of! These people don't know about our gumbo and ettoufee 
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #49 of 3,454
Dec 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #51 of 3,454
 Had some crazy good Gumbo yesterday...

Jealousy level is over 9000...

What are the chances you'd like to do a bowl of gumbo with every purchase special?

Or pot, you know, whatever.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #53 of 3,454
  Got a question for you. What are the chances of mobile ready cables (remote/volume control) being included? 

I'd like to know the answer to this too.  Might help out the consumer crowd to have a model with remote and mic.  But it generally wouldn't be used in the professional setting :p

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #54 of 3,454

I'd like to know the answer to this too.  Might help out the consumer crowd to have a model with remote and mic.  But it generally wouldn't be used in the professional setting :p

Very good question. I think we will probably make that one of the reach goals during kickstarter campaign. What other options do we need to look at?

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #55 of 3,454
Very good question. I think we will probably make that one of the reach goals during kickstarter campaign. What other options do we need to look at?

Wow, iPhone or Android?

Would there be a version option or are the cables replaceable?

A nice non-generic small portable carrying case would be awesome...

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #56 of 3,454

replaceable cable - should be standard for any iems priced over $200.
volume control/mic - if you are marketing a consumer friendly device, you need to have this option available. It is such a hassle to remove the earphones and disconnect the plug to answer a call on the go. A mic on the cable at the very least.
carrying case - included with earphones.
chin slider - one that actually works.
minimilist style - solid silver, black, or white cable.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #57 of 3,454
Considering how small these are and considering the fact that these are more consumer oriented as well as the cable being kevlar reinforced (good for you guys btw! 
wink_face.gif
), it seems like removable cable isnt really that practical?

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #58 of 3,454
The Hifiman RE400 almost made me a believer, but the cable sucked and it was not user replaceable. Small housing, quality iems are hard to come by, especially for users who like to wear their iems cable down and not over the ear. My favs were the audio technics ck10's but the straight angle plug was not durable. I really hope you guys can make the perfect iem. I feel 2014 is the year we get the whole package (small form factor, great sound, mic/volume control, replaceable cable, chin slider, under $250).

I have now recommended 4 people to your product. Hope you guys do well with your product.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #59 of 3,454

replaceable cable - should be standard for any iems priced over $200.
volume control/mic - if you are marketing a consumer friendly device, you need to have this option available. It is such a hassle to remove the earphones and disconnect the plug to answer a call on the go. A mic on the cable at the very least.
carrying case - included with earphones.
chin slider - one that actually works.
minimilist style - solid silver, black, or white cable.

ah i see i got beat to removable cables.

I was thinking since the cable seems pretty strong and the fact the rockets are worn right down and are meant for really any activity, i thought maybe removable cable could be problematic? Seeing the video of the guy doing flips and all that and then tugging on his rockets (and having the rockets stay in the ear REALLY well), id be a bit nervous if the cable came off the rocket.

idk im completely just speculating here

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #60 of 3,454
no cable is ever that durable. It's wishful thinking. I wouldn't have an issue with the cable if not for the fact that these iems will be going for $250 retail. $200+ is high end. Hifiman re400 changed the game at $100. If you want to stand out at $200+, you must include user replaceable cables. Just imagine $200+ over the ear cans with a non user replaceable cable. It just doesn't really exist anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back