Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #1,683 of 3,454
^
Cuz you're not part of the select few that was chosen durrr!!! :wink:

This might be the callin' and i am finally able to hear these Rockets boi!!!

It was meant to be, the Audio Gods Birdies has spoken.

But... Neither were you lol

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,686 of 3,454
  ^
Last i checked he wasn't part of da' chosen Rocket pack as well. So........

He has a pair of Rockets, so he is one of the few who where chosen by fate 
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,687 of 3,454
Sep 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #1,688 of 3,454

He has a pair of Rockets, so he is one of the few who where chosen by fate 
tongue.gif

^
Oh this is truly a cruel cruel world isn't it??? Please don't tell me that the pair that is currently on tour is his. LMAO
triportsad.gif
  Mr. vwinter.......
In THAT case i still meant very word i said.  : P

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #1,693 of 3,454
Can anyone compare the Rockets to the Havi B3's? I'm waiting on my set of Rockets and was going to get some Tenores to hold me over but decided to get the B3's for a different kind of sound signature since the Rockets and the Tenores seem to have similar attributes. I don't have much experience with audiophile stuff, but the B3's and my Fiio X3 are the best combination I've heard so far. Thanks!

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,694 of 3,454

^
LMAO but i thought you were a bird though???
wink.gif
nuff said.....
.... "In the sky it's a bird, it's a plane, nah, who dat?" It's just currawong pishhhh, nothin' to see here move along folks. : P

Alright Super Troll outz this 'ish befo' i get my arse canned banned.
ph34r.gif

Don't wanna push my luck here or should i say...

my luck just ran out. 
tongue.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,695 of 3,454
I have a few questions for you Rocket owners out there:

1) Those posts look awful wide and chunky.  Can you really get a decent, comfortable seal with these puppies?  (By decent, I mean like the kind of seal I get with my Ety ER4's, where I wouldn't hear a Saturn V rocket from 10ft away.)
2) I'm already anticipating that the included tips wouldn't work for me, but given those posts are huge and chunky, what aftermarket tips are people using? The posts look too big to accommodate Shure Olives or P-series Comply. Can you squeeze some Sony hybrids on there?  What else are people using?
3) Are people really using those tri-tab thingies?  I think they'd be the first thing I'd try to remove.  I think something would be wrong if I needed a gadget like that to create and hold a proper seal. (Of course, I'd put the tri-tabs back on once I took them out of my ears so that they could look like rockets again...)
4) Aurisonics published some video showing various IEMs being demolished with a mallet.  Can you let me know how the Rockets survive being repeatably smashed into hard concrete using a 200 lb mallet?  Please post before and after pics/videos.
5) Those of you that attempted 4), please report back on your experience with Aurisonics warranty and repair services.
6) If you had to go and live on a desert island for the rest of your life and could only take one pair of headphones with you - and it had to be either ER-4S or Rockets - which would you choose and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back