Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #1,651 of 3,454
  I found a set of rainbow finish black cable Rockets. I should have mine by Monday or Tuesday, so I'll ship off the tour set to Luis then.

Oh, and there's a set of Altone200 in the package too that I totally forgot to listen to...oops.

You found one? Was it lying on the street or in front of your door? Why can't i be so lucky...

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,652 of 3,454
  I really can't wait until James gets his hands on these...

I tried to push my set on James before they even came in lol.

It'll be interesting to see whether these cure his microdriver blues.

Thanks for your combined efforts, lol. I solemly promise to approach these mehcrodrivers with an open mind.
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,653 of 3,454
Thanks for your combined efforts, lol. I solemly promise to approach these mehcrodrivers with an open mind. :wink:  

It's because we care.

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #1,656 of 3,454
James has an issue with microdrivers not being authoritative enough. This is a made in ''Murrica" product so... He's already forfeited his right to an opinion haha

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #1,657 of 3,454
He's already forfeited his right to an opinion haha

I dunno...he's Austrian, so he's kind of an expert on matters of music, being that their hills are alive with the sound of such.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,658 of 3,454
James has an issue with microdrivers not being authoritative enough. 

Yeah, i know. I kind of share his opinion, the Tenore and the MH1 have an amazing bottom extension but can't hold a candle to the GR07 or other iems with similarly sized high quality diaphragms when it comes to some good old fashioned rumbling. Still, this gets overpronounced with those two iems because they are bass lifted and kind of slow. The Rockets are fast and flat, so i don't think the limitation of their drivers size will be as obvious. It's like a great motion in the ocean.

But let's not fool ourselves, the size of the boat is still relevant 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,662 of 3,454
Wow, I just got the Rockets in the mail yesterday. From what I've heard so far, the Rockets sound amazing. Easily better than the Tenore. The sound signature is slightly midcentric, but the mids are really good. Possibly the best mids I've ever heard. I've found the tri-tabs to be pretty useless though.

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,663 of 3,454
Wow, I just got the Rockets in the mail yesterday. From what I've heard so far, the Rockets sound amazing. Easily better than the Tenore. The sound signature is slightly midcentric, but the mids are really good. Possibly the best mids I've ever heard. I've found the tri-tabs to be pretty useless though.

Welcome qilto. Nice to have you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back