Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,666 of 3,454
  Lucky duckling.

Please post preliminary impressions immediately. Forcing others to realize what they're missing is your priority here.

The thing is that even if we do realize what we are missing there is little we can do about it at the moment. The fact that i keep reading this thread has proven to me that i have a masochistic streak i didn't know about.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #1,667 of 3,454

The thing is that even if we do realize what we are missing there is little we can do about it at the moment. The fact that i keep reading this thread has proven to me that i have a masochistic streak i didn't know about.

Likewise. I just wanted to make other people suffer while the time for retail stores to obtain them is at hand. Or website.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #1,671 of 3,454

My 3.5mm jack had scratches all over it and one part even had the coating coming off...

I suppose mine is a one off problem too?

That was probably one of the first things I asked when I was over there. They told me something along the lines of 'all plating comes off eventually it's just a matter of how quickly'. It won't affect the functionality of the jack it just won't look as gold.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,672 of 3,454

That was probably one of the first things I asked when I was over there. They told me something along the lines of 'all plating comes off eventually it's just a matter of how quickly'. It won't affect the functionality of the jack it just won't look as gold.

Ah... What I meant was the rubber part of the plug, not the 3.5mm jack itself. My bad, should have gone into specifics.

I know it ain't gonna affect SQ but afterall when we buy something, we expect the product to look spanking new.
Mine looks as though it's been abused for quite a while. 
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,673 of 3,454
  Ah... What I meant was the rubber part of the plug, not the 3.5mm jack itself. My bad, should have gone into specifics.

I know it ain't gonna affect SQ but afterall when we buy something, we expect the product to look spanking new.
Mine looks as though it's been abused for quite a while. 
frown.gif

My black wired pair certainly doesn't have that issue. Can you post pics of it though? I'm curious.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,674 of 3,454
My black wired pair certainly doesn't have that issue. Can you post pics of it though? I'm curious.

I think he's saying the plug looks like it lacks finishing, rough and tumble if you will.

Sep 14, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,675 of 3,454

Not sure if you can see clearly from this. Iphone4 isn't very up to date with its camera. Hahaha.

The plug looks as though I've sandpapered it roughly and if you noticed, there's a small part that has already lost its top coating. 

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,676 of 3,454

Not sure if you can see clearly from this. Iphone4 isn't very up to date with its camera. Hahaha.

The plug looks as though I've sandpapered it roughly and if you noticed, there's a small part that has already lost its top coating. 

Contact Aurisonics. I'm sure they'll fix it. Mine are currently being replaced because of a small hole in the clear cable sheath. Aurisonics didn't hesitate to offer replacement. But I'm now without my precious Rockets for an indeterminate period... Oh well, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all :p

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,677 of 3,454
Damn. I now want the rockets in gold. Without the tabs, the gold tin and black cable rockets looks incredibly classy. My blue tin rockets look ok but nothing special. Going to email them about getting another pair at full retail but in black with gold tin and remote. Fingers crossed.

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #1,678 of 3,454
Personally I don't like the gold, but I am happy I did get the black with grey TiN. I like the blue better than gold IMHO. The most surprising for me though is the look of the rainbow colored TiN. It looks pretty darn good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back