AURALiC owners unite!
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,576 of 2,392
Guys please tell me if this is fair. So Auralic finally responds to me about my defective Taurus. I bought i used from head-fi, so no warranty, but they want me to pay 50% of the msrp of a new unit in exchange for my defective Taurus, so that is $950 to replace my Taurus out of warranty with a brand new one. The rep from Auralic advised that this is most likely the cost if they were to try to fix my unit. does this seem fair to you guys? I need thoughts on this. kinda upset at this point. i rather use the $1000 and get another used amp in the for sale section.

I agree with the assessment above, that is a great deal to give you a 50% discount on a replacement for an out of warranty amp. It is a great amp, if you don't like the new one you can turn it for a little profit and buy something else!

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #1,578 of 2,392
i get 50% discount to get a brand new Taurus, but i  have to turn in my old Taurus to Auralic that i already paid $1200 for.

Ah, the proverbial catch, I am biased, absolutely love my Tarus with every headphone I have tried with it, HD800, HE560, Grado PS1000, Alclair RSM Quad ciem, all comers!

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,580 of 2,392
lol. basically if its broken... that $1.2k is just straight wasted. its not like you can sell a broken amplifier so the item you have now is worth $0.

now you have to decide if you are okay with losing $1.2k on a broken item & want to cut ur loses there. Or if you wld pay an additional $1k to have a replacement. So yes, you will overspend $250 compared to purchasong from them originally to have a brand new taurus. However, right now you spent $1.2k on a broken taurus... which you cannot enjoy at all.

so the decision is basically loss of $1.2k for nothing or $2.2k for a working taurus.

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #1,581 of 2,392
lol. basically if its broken... that $1.2k is just straight wasted. its not like you can sell a broken amplifier so the item you have now is worth $0.

now you have to decide if you are okay with losing $1.2k on a broken item & want to cut ur loses there. Or if you wld pay an additional $1k to have a replacement. So yes, you will overspend $250 compared to purchasong from them originally to have a brand new taurus. However, right now you spent $1.2k on a broken taurus... which you cannot enjoy at all.

so the decision is basically loss of $1.2k for nothing or $2.2k for a working taurus.

confused_face.gif
 Your right!

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,582 of 2,392

yeah, i got burned bad...no more buying used for me... i asked Auralic if they will consider exchanging for a new one, and i pay 25-33% of msrp of new one. hopefully they agree... sad sad sad :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #1,583 of 2,392
yeah, i got burned bad...no more buying used for me... i asked Auralic if they will consider exchanging for a new one, and i pay 25-33% of msrp of new one. hopefully they agree... sad sad sad :frowning2:

Sadly I see no reason for them to agree, they have no liability here and no obligation whatsoever to you.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #1,584 of 2,392

My current Taurus is not useless, in fact it works great in single ended mode and Balanced mode, it is just in balanced mode, with volume turned up (i normally don't ever listen at this level) and with bass heavy songs, the bass distorts. could i keep my current Taurus and still be satisfied? the answer is yes, because i never listen that loud, however it just irks my nerve to know i have a very expensive piece of equipment with an issue. I might just pony up the extra 1K and get a brand new Taurus, that way i know i am the original owner and i get register it and get a 3 year warranty and piece of mind...decisions, decisions, decisions....

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,585 of 2,392
Truly is a shame that you have experienced this issue with such a great product. Maybe the previous owner did not have this issue or was even aware of it.

Auralic offering you a replacement at half price is too good to ignore.

Look at it as if you have trailed the unit over the period you have had it for a cost of $250.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #1,586 of 2,392
My current Taurus is not useless, in fact it works great in single ended mode and Balanced mode, it is just in balanced mode, with volume turned up (i normally don't ever listen at this level) and with bass heavy songs, the bass distorts. could i keep my current Taurus and still be satisfied? the answer is yes, because i never listen that loud, however it just irks my nerve to know i have a very expensive piece of equipment with an issue. I might just pony up the extra 1K and get a brand new Taurus, that way i know i am the original owner and i get register it and get a 3 year warranty and piece of mind...decisions, decisions, decisions....

Are you able to contact the original owner to see if he's willing to help? That is if the warranty is not over under him. The Taurus is a great amp and I cannot not use it before the day ends. And I'll be willing to pay half the price for another new set. :)

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #1,587 of 2,392
I don’t know if you should keep the amp and use it in SE, in balanced, ask someone else to fix it or get the brand new one, only you can.

I agree with Wildcatsare1 Auralic has given you a great deal with 50% discount for amp with no warranty. They could just have said sorry man, bad luck; send it in and we will take a look at it and see what’s wrong. The price for check it out is XXX USD and then depending on what is wrong you have to pay another xxx USD for us to fix the problem, if we can find out what’s wrong with it.   

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #1,588 of 2,392
Hey guys, just recently bought the taurus mk ii. Very happy with it! But one thing i noticed is that if i have my headphones connected to either balanced or std jack, when i switch the balanced/std switch i still have music through the same output. I can also plug in one headphone to the std and one to the balanced and have music through both with either switch. The switch does indeed seem to change to the mofset balanced out as the music gets louder in the balanced output. Anyone else have this? In terms of music quality and amplification there isnt any problem as far as i can tell. Just thought it was strange as it isnt suppose to do that.

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #1,589 of 2,392
Hey guys, just recently bought the taurus mk ii. Very happy with it! But one thing i noticed is that if i have my headphones connected to either balanced or std jack, when i switch the balanced/std switch i still have music through the same output. I can also plug in one headphone to the std and one to the balanced and have music through both with either switch. The switch does indeed seem to change to the mofset balanced out as the music gets louder in the balanced output. Anyone else have this? In terms of music quality and amplification there isnt any problem as far as i can tell. Just thought it was strange as it isnt suppose to do that.

both balanced and standard output will work in standard mode. in balanced mode, the standard output is muted.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #1,590 of 2,392
I might have found a dealer that can sell me a Taurus MK2. Still doubting about buying the GS-X MK2, but that amplifier is really impossible for me to find. Is the Taurus MK2 is good choice?

Which headphones can't the Taurus MK2 drive 100%?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back