AURALiC owners unite!
Oct 3, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #1,562 of 2,392
I've only used a balanced cable and balanced connections from my Vega. Before the Taurus, I could barely listen to the HD800's, but now I find that they get the most head time. I did put a bit of fabric in the back side of the cup, similar to the t-shirt mod. Good stuff!

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,563 of 2,392
Thanks for the replies. I have a pair on demo and I love so much about them, but not sure I can handle the treble side of things. At times it seems a tad too bright. I doubt a balanced cable could take that away, and will be difficult for me to find out before I have to make my decision

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #1,564 of 2,392
Well you keep listening to enough high resolving headphones your brain kinda burns it in to be acceptable.  I listen to my HD800's and they just sound awesome.  Sounds detailed and musical.  The bass isn't pronounced like my LCDs, but that's why I have those too.  Brain burn in won't help with the bass, but it can trim the treble.  Funny how that works.  

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #1,565 of 2,392
Thanks for the replies. I have a pair on demo and I love so much about them, but not sure I can handle the treble side of things. At times it seems a tad too bright. I doubt a balanced cable could take that away, and will be difficult for me to find out before I have to make my decision

I had the HEK and currently possess HD800 and HE560s with my Taurus. I love the HD800 and the HEK, would have ended up with both if not for the cost of the HEK.

I am betting you will really like the HEK, it has many of the strengths of the HD800, without any treble glare. Though TBH, I am not bothered by the treble peak any longer. As stated above, brain burn in, plus the Draug 2 cable fixed it for me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,566 of 2,392
Hey Wildcatsare1! 

Is the Draug 2 cable a good pairing with the HD800 and the Taurus? I'm currently finding a good balanced cable for my HD800 but not sure which one will be a good choice and I'm still waiting for my RSM to get back to me. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #1,567 of 2,392
  Hey Wildcatsare1! 

Is the Draug 2 cable a good pairing with the HD800 and the Taurus? I'm currently finding a good balanced cable for my HD800 but not sure which one will be a good choice and I'm still waiting for my RSM to get back to me. 

Check out the WyWires Red cable. It sounds fantastic with my HD800 and Taurus!

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,568 of 2,392

Check out the WyWires Red cable. It sounds fantastic with my HD800 and Taurus!

That was in my radar as well. How's the sound sig? Does it improve greatly compared to the stock cable? At the same time, I'm also finding a suitable DAC for the Taurus. Any recommendations?

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #1,569 of 2,392
Auralic Vega of course.  Well reviewed and I love it.  You also get different filter and clock modes to play with.  It also looks great stacked together with the Taurus.  

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,570 of 2,392
Has anyone here paired the Schiit Yggdrasil (how the hell is it pronounced? haha) with the Taurus mk2? Thoughts? It is a solid $2000 cheaper than the Vega, thus very tempting given the positive reviews surrounding it. Any thoughts?

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,571 of 2,392
  Has anyone here paired the Schiit Yggdrasil (how the hell is it pronounced? haha) with the Taurus mk2? Thoughts? It is a solid $2000 cheaper than the Vega, thus very tempting given the positive reviews surrounding it. Any thoughts?

I too am wondering about this, If its any help I am in the process of upgrading my Gungnir to the MultiBit board from the Delta Sigma so will be able to give some impressions then. From what I've read the MB Gungnir is very similar to the Yggy and pair exceptionally well with the Taurus MK II

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,572 of 2,392
Guys please tell me if this is fair. So Auralic finally responds to me about my defective Taurus. I bought i used from head-fi, so no warranty, but they want me to pay 50% of the msrp of a new unit in exchange for my defective Taurus, so that is $950 to replace my Taurus out of warranty with a brand new one. The rep from Auralic advised that this is most likely the cost if they were to try to fix my unit. does this seem fair to you guys? I need thoughts on this. kinda upset at this point. i rather use the $1000 and get another used amp in the for sale section.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,573 of 2,392
  Guys please tell me if this is fair. So Auralic finally responds to me about my defective Taurus. I bought i used from head-fi, so no warranty, but they want me to pay 50% of the msrp of a new unit in exchange for my defective Taurus, so that is $950 to replace my Taurus out of warranty with a brand new one. The rep from Auralic advised that this is most likely the cost if they were to try to fix my unit. does this seem fair to you guys? I need thoughts on this. kinda upset at this point. i rather use the $1000 and get another used amp in the for sale section.

Sorry, could you refresh my memory as to what the problem with your taurus is? Playing the used game can go so well, and most of the time it does, but you can also get burnt, and it looks like you have been burnt. If you can get a BRAND NEW taurus for half the price of walking into a shop and buying a new one, which you would have to do anyway as your current taurus is broken? I'd go for it dude. That is a great deal for a brand new taurus. You would probably pay that for another used taurus from the buy/sell section.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,574 of 2,392
Hey Wildcatsare1! 

The Draug 2 is the cable of choice for the HD800, plays very well with Tarus Mk.2, both SE and balanced outs.

Received the Therium silver cable for my RSMs from Trevor prior to my trip abroad, almost didn't miss my Sennys! It takes the RSM to a very highly musical and detailed level!

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,575 of 2,392
That was in my radar as well. How's the sound sig? Does it improve greatly compared to the stock cable? At the same time, I'm also finding a suitable DAC for the Taurus. Any recommendations?

I have a Monarchy Audio M22B balanced R2R DAC (with new caps), R2R, Tarus combo is very sweet. A contemporary R2R that won't break the bank is the Schiit Gumby multi-bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back