Aune M1P
May 21, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #482 of 496
adding favourites still doesn't work anymore
I would try with a different card to check if it works then. Please also check the total length of the file path (folders+ file name) - it may be limited.

@AuneAudio there appears to be no way to delete favourites in cases they cannot be opened. I also had the case, that trying to play such an entry, caused the problem that I could not play tracks in any folder in sequential order anymore. A random track played when I pressed next. I fixed that issue with "Delete Factory Data".

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #483 of 496
I just received my M1p which I was able to test on the HighEnd in Munich. The sound it produces with my Hifimen Sundra and also the IEM 1More Penta Driver I find superb (both with balanced cables). But also simple headphones and earphones sound very good.
Esspecially the bass is very convicing, and unexpected to getn this kind of bass out of an inear.
There is no noise floor, unless it is in the music itself. I really like that device and I am looking forward to take in on my trip.

Also nicely working is streaming using bluetooth. When I play a flac on my cellphone, the sound of the M1p is still very good, to me not much different than playing it from SD card. (Note: Do long-press on "down" to activate/deactivate the bluetooth connection. )

However, like other posted before, I find the start up scanning a bit annoying. It takes about 12 seconds to scan my files (>20K) and I wonder why it does it.
Is it to provide this endless list of tracks in the "Music" menu. I do not really need that list.
Or is it to make it possible that the player automatically moves from one folder to the next. Well, that is a nice feature, but if it was not there, I would not expect it.

Anyway - it would be nice to optionally disable scanning or make it optional. It could be disabled by placing a file with the name .noindex in any folder and that would cause the scanner to stop there. That should be a nice addon for many and would not requirey any work on the menu, such as a new option.

The other feature I moss is support for play lists. Right now the player already support a single playlist, that is the list of favorites. So the technology seems to be there already.
@AuneAudio can you please implement support for M3U files. It does not have to write these files, but simply load an existing M3U files and play it. If not possible otherwise, it could also take the contents of the M3U files and load it into the list displayed by the "Favourites" menu.
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We may later develop a firmware to store the file list on the microSD card, so the M1p won't scan files every time it starts up.

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Jun 3, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #485 of 496
FYI, you can't see the screen with polarized sunglasses. I had brightness on level 3. Was trying to navigate and only saw black. Thought I had turned it off, so I then went and actually turned it off! Really like the old school list. I know what the album covers look like so I don't need to spend more $$ on that. Great player.

Jun 5, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #486 of 496
Hi all, i am on last firmware and today discovered that i am unabke to set sink mode with bluetooth enabled and device is no longer recognized on iphone ios 17.5.1, as before, even dap bluetooth scan not showing it, i was able to use it before as it worked without probs.
- both devices dap and iphone have working bluetooths as connected them independently to jbl boombox

Its just only me who experiencing this issue ? not sure about it.
Anyway i am impressed that mp1 driving smoothly headpones from Sennheiser HD6xx series and its blast.

Woud be great to add some new playing sound mode or simple ui eq.

Thank you

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #488 of 496
Hey. I am still thinking about a good sd card. Kingston or Sandisk... what do you think? Both 512 gb, A2, U3 and V30

Besides, what filter on the player would you recommend for a Sennheiser ie 600?

Thank you :)
Samsung Evo are also very good.

I use the player's ES9038Q2M DAC's default filter, Adodizing, Fast Roll Off...
Worth pointing out, this is not the same as the Aune M1P's default filter.

Jun 10, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #489 of 496
Hello, I would like to know if any of you have a more powerful replacement battery reference to offer. I looked but couldn't find anything, at least that matched in size. I love the sound of my m1p. I prefer it to my cma 18 P that is to say, but I find the autonomy too short. I never have enough 😂

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #490 of 496
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We may later develop a firmware to store the file list on the microSD card, so the M1p won't scan files every time it starts up.
@AuneAudio - I am sorry, for me the scanning is a big problem. In my case it renders the device useless.

I took the M1p to a trip for 30 days and was hoping to use it to play music for me. But now it does not play anything it anymore, at least most of the time.

I have a Samsung EVO SD card with 512 GB, almost full, exFAT. The M1p was playing fine with that until some days ago. Now when I start it, the "scanning SD card" appears, the progress goes to 10%, sometimes 20% or even 40% - then it stops, the logo shows up and then "No Device". And then the process repeats. Yesterday, suddenly, it went through and actually played. Until I switched it off. Now I cannot get it to play.

I checked the SD card with chkdsk on Windows. No problems were detected. I also did not add anything to the SD card. The problem just suddenly appeared. The device was in a case all the time.

I did not see any information why this scanning is actually required. With most devices it is possible to play simply from the directory structure. Why is it different here?

Without scanning you could solve the issue with overlong filenames, and also do alpha-nummerical sorting within directories. (simply convert consecutive decimal numbers into a character of the value 0..$FFFF when doing a compare) and support M3U playlists. This would make the effort worthwhile. You can also reduce the startup time to the few seconds advertised on the website.

I am still not home, I can post a video of the start-scanning process in 2 weeks, if this helps to find the issue.

Jun 11, 2024 at 4:40 AM Post #491 of 496
I had the same problem with a Samsung sccard. Works everywhere, but not in my M1P. After 10 minutes, after 2 weeks, or whenever I could reformat and try again. I then decide to give the Kingston that was shipped with the player a chance and had no more problems.
Yesterday I ordered a 512 GB Kingston. I will report back.

Jun 11, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #492 of 496
I had the same problem with a Samsung sccard. Works everywhere, but not in my M1P. After 10 minutes, after 2 weeks, or whenever I could reformat and try again. I then decide to give the Kingston that was shipped with the player a chance and had no more problems.
Yesterday I ordered a 512 GB Kingston. I will report back.
It does seem strange...Samsung Evo works perfectly in my M1P.

Jun 11, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #493 of 496
Well, it's more serious than I thought. My m1p's battery is dead. I put it to charge. I unplug it at 100% and it immediately turns off, the battery is actually at zero percent. @AuneAudio where I can buy an original battery please ?

Edit : Problem solved. I recalibrated the battery and everything seems ok.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #495 of 496
M1P + the new iBasso 3T-154 is one of the most lifelike combinations I have yet experienced in portable audio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back