August in Sennheiser History...
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #77 of 107
To be honest, I got a NOS pair of 800s this year and I don't see myself buying another one unless I hit the jackpot early.
I'm still trying to hunt down NOS HD800. Even contacted @Sennheiser shop and got nowhere. Stores only have HD800S which I'm not interested in. I used to have HD800 a while back but had to sell it.

Prefer not to spend $900+ on eBay for used item with no warranty. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #78 of 107
I'm still trying to hunt down NOS HD800. Even contacted @Sennheiser shop and got nowhere. Stores only have HD800S which I'm not interested in. I used to have HD800 a while back but had to sell it.

Prefer not to spend $900+ on eBay for used item with no warranty. Very frustrating.

I'm lucky to live in a small country and the Sennheiser distributor knows me. He is a great guy and has been a huge help in finding various things.

If there is an American distributor they might know what shops could still have stock. Otherwise, hopefully somebody from Sennheiser.de can point you to the distributor or distributors and you'll be able to track down a pair.

Sep 11, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #79 of 107
I'm lucky to live in a small country and the Sennheiser distributor knows me. He is a great guy and has been a huge help in finding various things.

If there is an American distributor they might know what shops could still have stock. Otherwise, hopefully somebody from Sennheiser.de can point you to the distributor or distributors and you'll be able to track down a pair.
I'm not sure who I would contact. I already tried USA Sennheiser.com and basically they said they didn't have any and didn't know where to find any.

Sep 11, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #82 of 107
Huh, I was actually thinking about something like that. But I'd like to see a monochrome scheme extend to the pads and headstrap.

To be honest, I got a NOS pair of 800s this year and I don't see myself buying another one unless I hit the jackpot early.
Isn’t 800S still currently produced ? How does it claim New Old Stock status then ?

Sep 11, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #83 of 107
Isn’t 800S still currently produced ? How does it claim New Old Stock status then ?
The HD800 silver [original tuning] is no longer produced

The HD800S has a toned down treble and beefed up bass vs the original HD800, notably different sounding. Most like the HD800S better when no EQ is used.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #84 of 107

Small s means "pair of" 800s.

Big S means 800S.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #85 of 107
I'm not sure who I would contact. I already tried USA Sennheiser.com and basically they said they didn't have any and didn't know where to find any.

It's gonna be a few months but if you want I can try to contact Sennheiser.de and check with some European distributors.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #86 of 107
It's gonna be a few months but if you want I can try to contact Sennheiser.de and check with some European distributors.
I appreciate it but importing means potential duty fees, warranty issues, and pandemic shipping issues

I think at this point will do hd800S or maybe get something else

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #87 of 107
I appreciate it but importing means potential duty fees, warranty issues, and pandemic shipping issues

I think at this point will do hd800S or maybe get something else

I know what you mean. It's hugely expensive for us to bring almost anything here. If you change your mind, send me a PM. I should be home in a couple of months.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #89 of 107
Dear Sennheiser,

BIG fan of your company but not a big fan of the last 10 years of audiophile releases. There does not seem to be any logical product plan.

Here's a suggestion from someone who wants great success for your company :)

Release a new flagship dynamic driver headphone with the same tuning as the HE-1.

The marketing material writes itself! A little brother to the HE-1 if you will with the same great tuning, industry leading comfort, massive ring radiator driver.

Price it at $2499. Or even $3499.

You may well conquer the flagship headphone market with such a product.

I'm currently using the super heavy Audeze LCD4 when I'd much rather be using a successor to the HD800S.

Hope you can pass this feedback on...

Thanks!
FYI it isn’t possible to make a headphone that sounds the same as the HE-1, for only $3500.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #90 of 107
@Nomax so gold HD800S was the surprise hp? :rolling_eyes:
I think it’s what he heard of, but it’s not the last card Sennheiser had up its sleeve :wink:

I think he means unsold stock of the HD 800, plural (“a pair of HD 800 headphones”). It’s kind of awkward when the new product has an “S” at the end, huh? 😄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back